crossdresser transgender transsexual

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: crossdresser transgender transsexual

Post by Davita »

Out of idol curiosity, how come no one bothers to refer to the international organizations that have estalished various standards including terminology and definitions. My w**k within their policies and guidance uses a couple of the organizations so that they are able to create more concise direction for staff and managers. BTW the DSM is not referenced.

My w**k refers to http://www.wpath.org/ and darned if I didn't get brain dead just now and forgot the other. I'll look it up when i go back to w**k.
{squeezes}
Davita
Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

Post by Virginia »

Awesome points Davita! My bad!

What some of us fail to acknowledge is that someone somewhere has to "define"us. It is simply human nature to want to know and to have some frame of reference with which to relate.

Unfortunately ................................. well, I am not in the mood to be drug off to the woodshed this morning so I will leave well enough alone for now!

Ya done good though!

V
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Virginia, it's not just you, it's a good portion of the girls that all complain about the labels yet they don't seem to know them. OOps now I'm being picky. Sorry y'all. It's my nature; I used to belong to several standards bodies in my w**k career.
{squeezes}
Davita
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

As promised, here are the international organizations my work guidance used:
{squeezes}
Davita
Ms. Erin
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Ms. Erin »

Thank you dear, I will copy and paste in my TG folder and check them out right now.
I am a woman of trans experience.
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Carol Esme wrote: I just I'd like to think TG covers everyone on this site (except SOs) but I recognise that some CDs are happy to sit under the umbrella while others are not.
I have come to understand, and may be wrong, that the average cross dresser enjoys his male side as well. A TG is never as ease with their own body, regardless of the clothing worn.
This may explain why a CD over dresses as female, rarely in casual clothing, to get the girly side out. While a TG dresses more androgynous, because they feel more feminine inside, all the time.

I know, oversimplified, that's never true for everybody.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Rikki
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Rikki »

Eileen,

You nailed it as the subject pertains to my inner feelings.

Rikki
Be safe, Be frilled