How Much?

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

How Much?

Post by Virginia »

I may not get any response to this, but have any of you had or asked about the costs of a face lift?

I know there are different types of this surgery, eyes only or forehead or other, just curious what the costs are generally!

V
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Re: How Much?

Post by Carol Ann »

Ah sorry hon, but no I am happy with my puss rotf
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Dear Virginia,

There are so many variables to your question! There are non surgical options for baggy eyes, but I doubt if they really work. Got a turkey neck? There are products to wear while sleeping that cures that. :lol:
Good health, nutrition, and enough sleep will help your face look less worn out.
Are you thinking of a total redo, or touch a up in some areas? Done all at once or over time? Some insurance policies may cover part or all, quality of life and all that.

The only example I'm aware of is a CD within the husband's circle of friends. She had a nose reduction, chin implant, neck and eyes lift, and lips enhanced, etc. All for just under $40,000. This being second or third hand word of mouth, it really means very little. There was another friend that totally transitioned to female, and has since moved away. Her male face was not overly masculine in the first place. I only met her after surgery and saw a before pic and wondered why the surgery anyway? I'm sure hers cost a lot less.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
CharLee
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by CharLee »

All I can add to this Virginia is that there is an ad that runs on TV down here for " Lifestyle Lifts " that is supposed to be affordable. If you Google it you can see if it is something you might be interested in.
Sarah Beth
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Beth »

I know someone who checked into doing the lifestyle lift thing and it was going to end up cost around $9000 to do it. While I would like to have something done to my face to make me look better there are lot better uses of my nine grand than that.
"It takes all kinds of kinds"
Miranda Lambert
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

If I was to have any face work done, I don't think I would want a simple "make me younger" job done, but would want some feminization done as well. So Virginia, when you're asking about a face lift, will that really be all?

BTW, I suspect like when you fix up a room in your house, you find this need to fix the rest of them too; I can picture me doing that to my bod as well. So here I have this new face, but look at this tummy... oh and what about my ...... and the list of fixes just goes crazy.
{squeezes}
Davita
Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

Post by Virginia »

Thanks ladies.

I had previously checked into "lifestyle lifts" and of course they will not quote any prices unless you come into their office. The closest one are in Richmond and Raleigh, both over 150 miles or so.

I guess I was just curious to see if anyone had had any work done and what it costs. I am not ready for anything right now anyway.

V
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

I think the costs vary by area and what exactly you want done. Most plastic surgeries are not covered by insurance so they can pretty much charge whatever they want and get away with it. I know many years ago I looked into breast augmentation and it was about $5000 back in the late 90's. Didn't have it done and after having read some of the other posts from the more "blessed" GG's here I am glad I didn't. :)
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

I suppose many of us here are in the 50+ range...but I would pay for a transition before I had a facelift at $40,000! Not that I am making any plans at all either way, I am more guy on balance anyway.
Go with the flow
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Diana Michelle wrote:
I know many years ago I looked into breast augmentation and it was about $5000 back in the late 90's. Didn't have it done and after having read some of the other posts from the more "blessed" GG's here I am glad I didn't. :)
It's not always a blessing!

With this upcoming Halloween season, there is as good chance I can meet again the one that had so much facial surgery and have a better price quote.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!