has any one ever dressed as a nurse

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Brucelina

has any one ever dressed as a nurse

Post by Brucelina »

has anyone ever dressed as a nurse anytime of the year for fun as i would like to try dressing as a nurse one day
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: has any one ever dressed as a nurse

Post by Requal Jo »

Can not assist with your request as I have not done so Brucelina.
Requal
Noeleena
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Noeleena »

Hi,

A RN . = nurse no allthough i have done a little bit with in family just not dressed as such,
so any other you may like to dress as , i have a few others i dress in and in public,

So give us an idear of some others you have in mind .

...noeleena...
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

Hmmm, well there's nurse's outfits, and then there is what nurses really wear. From the few times I've been to the clinic in recent years, I'd say they are not wearing anything I'd want to. Mostly these days they wear a very practical scrub which is probably comfortable and sensible, but certainly not sexy!
One can get the sexy nurse outfit from all the obvious places, but outside of Halloween party I'm not sure where one would wear it. Still, that could be a lot of fun :)
Anita
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anita »

I wore a nurse's outfit one Halloween, and I really liked it. I remember writing about it on here. I was wearing it on Sunday morning, for a musical performance at a church, and it was the day after Halloween. I got read up one side and down the other, and it was not complimentary. I could only figure that people were upset seeing a 'costume,' the day after, when they weren't expecting it.

Later on, a little girl said I looked like "A Baby doctor," and I said that maybe I was a Baby nurse.
Toni_Lynn_P
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Toni_Lynn_P »

No -- but I have played doctor once or twice :shock: -- a girl doctor of course :lol: -- case we girls can be ANYTHING we put our minds to \:D/ !

Hugs

Toni-Lynn
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Well, I am an RN and married an RN so I have had access to a couple of white nursing dresses, the white hose and all white tennis shoes (if you are doing it to meet work requirements they must be ALL white), and a cap held in shape with bobby pins. I have the stethoscope a nice one a Littmann Cardiology III, Calipers for assessing EKG Rhythm Strips, bandage scissors, and hemostats, silk tape, a good pen, and perhaps a highlighter and a note pad for shift change report but report sheets with the patients listed and their data are usually given at shift change with the latest updates, etc to put in the pockets to be ready to go to work on the floor. It was fun because as a male nurse we never wear THE classic nurses uniform because we are males. So...kind of fun to be a licensed RN and properly dressed like the vast majority of nurses USED to dress. You must keep in mind that the days of the cap and white dress and hose and shoes have slipped into history, today it is all comfortable scrub pants with colorful tops and any kind of tennis shoes - good ones because you are on your feet all day for at least 12 hours traveling up to 5 miles a day. It is fast paced very exacting, and very stressful. Dressing changes, hanging and starting various IVs, blood, feedings of various kinds, and all the medications which must be given on time. Doctors may be very nice or tyrannical as can be your own co workers, even shifts can go after each other, not really a fun profession forget all the romantic ideas of nurses must be really wonderful people, some are but some are not nice at all - sociopathic! You may still find these uniforms if the Nursing School requires students to wear them but they can opt for white pants and a tunic or something and most students excited about being new nurses like dressing in a more traditional way, at least until they pass their nursing boards and get their first job. I suppose you could try a second hand store, or a Nursing/Medical Uniform shop. I think the female nursing shoe brand was Nursemates or something like that. Of course white lingerie and slip underneath....And you could opt for tan hose if desired I suppose. You will never be late for work!!! Don't even think about it but your 12 hour day may turn into 15 hours oh and 30 minutes to eat lunch!
Go with the flow
Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martha G »

I am heavily into costuming and have always wanted to dress as a nurse.

I would like to get the real nurse' outfit and not some cheap costume thing.

Since I do make an attractive woman when dressed, I have always wanted to dress as a nurse in real nurses clothing and do a nurse for real.

If I ever do dress as a nurse, I will certainly share on this forum.
I AM NOW A WOMAN- I FOUND MYSELF
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Does Halloween count? And for Martha, this is a real uniform including the stethoscope. See https://www.flickr.com/photos/davita_fa ... /lightbox/. That was this Halloween. I wore it to my watering hole then the next evening I wore it to a party.
{squeezes}
Davita
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Yep Davita, you get points Now Hit the floor!!! Without a license I suppose they would allow you to pass ice, check stocking on the shelves all as a volunteer though.
Go with the flow
Alexis
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Alexis »

Yes one Halloween, I dressed like the old traditional Nurse, a white uniform with correct Cap only out of place from traditional uniform was 4 inch spike heels. I have a photo on a computer, it was like 20 + years ago. but it might be a while since there are limits on total number and weekly photo up loads.

And Yes I did Bedroom Play nurse and Patient. LOL

Alexis DeVille
Deidre Taylor
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Deidre Taylor »

I think most iof us realize that the way nurses dress today is a whole heck of a lot different than the old days. Nowadays it is colorful scrubs and tennis shoes, not the starched white uniform, white hose, and white shoes of yesterday. I too did the traditional nurse look one Halloween like Alexis I wore white 4" spike heels and went to the club. I do have to admit the guys loved the look, still I knew it wasn't a ture representation of nurses. Dressing up in a costume can be fun and sexy. I say go for it Brucelina and have fun!
Flo

Post by Flo »

My mom was an RN back in the 40's - 50's and had a closet full of white starched uniforms which I availed myself of in my preteen dress up activities while she was at work. When I was 11-12 I was around her size so everything fit reasonably well. I even wore on of her caps. It was a lot of fun for me at the time! ..^..

Since it was a small private sanitarium in the country, I would often go on rounds with my mom, when I turned 13 I started working part time as an orderly, mopping floors, cleaning bed pans, delivering meals etc. Back then nursing was a lot of hard work, low pay and having to deal with a number of very chauvinistic doctors. Still hard work these days but the work environment is much more female friendly.
Flo
Drive it like you stole it!
Wesley
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Wesley »

Do it all the time. . .I am an RN also. . .22 years now. . In that time I have known only two women that wore the traditional white nursing dressing and cap. . .

I've toyed around with the idea. .as it might be fun.

For the last 4 years or so, I pretty much underdress every day. With a baggy scrub top and dark tee shirt, I can wear a bra and size 5 amoena forms without drawing attention. .

I started wearing the danskin silk like shirts under scrubs and have no problems either. . This years shirts have longer sleves and thumb holes. . which has garnered a look or two, but no comments. (You can fold the end of the cuff back over itself and you cannot tell its a thumbhole shirt. .
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Have done it many times. My first husband was a surgeon so I did it the first year we were married for Halloween. Of course it was the sexy version although it was an actual nurses dress and cap. Maybe a little short, then again at 5'8" a lot of dresses are short on me, and wore heels and a garter belt and stockings with it. I wore it more than once for him but have never done the "true" nurse attire. I know many nurses and they are hard working and deserve our respect. That said there is something men find sexy about the thought of a nurse, same as they do with flight attendants.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon