Primer on Various Abbreviations - Discussion Topic

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

Primer on Various Abbreviations - Discussion Topic

Post by Virginia »

Lots of good information here! http://crossdressers-haven.com/forums/v ... 31&t=16582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some of us who are ignorant in the field of social communication (and long in the tooth) can definitely learn a lot from all this social communication abbreviations. I learned a few already. uh! dats' ILAFA! ..rofl..

I do take exception to two major, very major definitions and it is JUST ME!!!!! To me there is a big difference between a "crossdresser" and someone that is IS "transgendered." Granted there are several "acceptable" labels for each and even some say they are the same. Well for me, "ain't so!" Using the two labels, i.e., CD and TG, for me they are two different aspects and categories of who we = you are. Being one or the other is not wrong, but they are different in function. Just saying!!!!

Virginia
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Re: Primer on Various Abbreviations

Post by DonnaT »

Yes, one can me a CDer and not TG, or one can be both CD and TG, because some who crossdress do it for reasons other than being TG.
DonnaT
Robyn
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: Primer on Various Abbreviations

Post by Robyn »

In our area the expression “cross dresser” seems to be the umbrella term. I’ve spoken with several heterosexual CD elders who have been en femme publically for multiple decades. They often use the word transvestite to define themselves, but admit that the term sometimes has a negative reference, which originated from the prisons (according to them). It essentially defined those who only dress for sexual gratification. However, the elders that I’ve met have been “out” dressing as woman for many years, and they simply acknowledge the term based purely upon its origin; trans (across) + vestire (to dress, to clothe). They’re cross dressing fundamentalist per say.

I’ve also learned that “Transgender” is used more loosely, as it can have slightly different meanings dependent upon when and where it’s used. However, “TGirl” is a bit more specific. I’m told TGirls are often bi-sexual, and consists of a younger crowd. I’ve never been to a TGirl party so I certainly cannot verify this, it’s simply what I’ve been told by a few who have been active in my area for a long time.

Personally I prefer Virginia’s outtake.
Virginia wrote:To me there is a big difference between a "crossdresser" and someone that is IS "transgendered." Granted there are several "acceptable" labels for each and even some say they are the same.
I see myself as a cross dresser. It’s also become very apparent to me that men dress as woman for different reasons. I have no hang-ups or qualms with gender, gender bending, and/or sexual preferences. I know who I am. :)
Normal, just not average,
Robyn
Toni_Lynn_P
Miss Emerald Goddess

Re: Primer on Various Abbreviations - Discussion Topic

Post by Toni_Lynn_P »

Personally, the abbreviation I like is ME, which is short for a total nutter who is into gender stuff and madly in love. Past that CD works too

Hugs

Toni-Lynn
Robyn
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: Primer on Various Abbreviations - Discussion Topic

Post by Robyn »

Toni_Lynn_P wrote:Personally, the abbreviation I like is METoni-Lynn
Very good! =D>
Normal, just not average,
Robyn