Broadway changed my life!

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Lily
Miss Emerald Goddess

Broadway changed my life!

Post by Lily »

So I haven't been on the Haven in a while. My wife, who was my girlfriend back in 2010 when I last posted, who I had told about my CD from day one started to have a problem with it and to try and make her happy. I tried to stop for her. I couldn't really. After all it's a part of who I am. Oddly enough she went to a Broadway Play with out me last year. She went to see Casa Valentina, a play about CD in the 60's and when she came home she said, I am so sorry. I don't want to take that part of your life away. She not only supported me in opening up my closet but even helped me pick out my Halloween costume. I went as Abby from CSI. It has made such a difference in my life. I guess I really need to go see this play.
Lillian Paterson

-------
My girlfriend still doesn't know why her sweaters are always stretched out.” -- Ed Wood
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Re: Broadway changed my life!

Post by DonnaT »

Nice to hear, Lily.
DonnaT
Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

Post by Virginia »

Hi Lily,

As most of us know, it is extremely difficult for some GG's to get their head around "what we are." I am glad to hear that you told her on the front end and she still married you but that being said, I would have to assume she just did not completely understand what you were bringing to the table. It is probably not possible that a play will completely change her interpretation, it takes time.

Have you offered her the opportunity to become part of this forum? You have to take it as the forum's motto says, "baby steps, just baby steps!"

You are aware that "it" never goes away and trying to repress it, suppress it, ignore it only makes your life miserable. Also most of us are learning that as we all get a bit "longer in the tooth," the "gift" only gets stronger.

Hope you can convince her to join and participate, we would love to have her input.

Virginia
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
Rikki
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Rikki »

Lily,

What a magic coincidence that she went to see that particular play. I read about it, heard it just had a short run. Wish I could send my wife to see it.

All the best to you both.

Rikki
Be safe, Be frilled
Lily
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lily »

I'm hoping I get to see it if it gets another run or plays off Broadway. Thank you all.
Lillian Paterson

-------
My girlfriend still doesn't know why her sweaters are always stretched out.” -- Ed Wood
Lily
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lily »

Virginia, I know my SO aka my wife isn't totally cool with my life but just the fact that I don't have to hide what I am is a big step for me right now. Our roommate knows as well. She says she can handle the Halloween costumes at this point and doesn't want me to close myself off to what makes me happy but I am not going to push her to try and except too much at this point. I am just very happy she excepts what I am even if she doesn't understand it yet.
Lillian Paterson

-------
Rikki
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Rikki »

Lily,

just that you and the wife are open is (must be) such a liberating feeling. I envy your position.

Rikki
Be safe, Be frilled