Miss Emma Starr

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Miss Emma Starr

Post by Anthony Simon »

I'm not sure how interesting this is going to be for people here, but I've recently come across the YouTube videos of Emma Starr:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MissEmmaStarr/videos

Emma is the onscreen identity of a boy called Matt, but is a very, very convincing girl. In fact the first video of hers I saw, I thought she was a girl. I was very impressed and checked out the rest.

There are a few transformation videos. It's a shock to realise she's only 15 when she starts (18 in her most recent one). Her makeup changes - she describes as "drag" what she does and the later stuff has loads of contouring which works in front of a camera or on stage but would be too blatant in public.

Her voice and particularly her persona are a lot of what makes her convincing. If you go through the videos you can see quite a bit of that in her boy side - so the girl is a kind of intensification/purification of the girl elements already present in the boy. That's one of my big interests in her, seeing just how the relationship between the boy and girl works.

There's a chunk of self-revelation in the videos - and a lot of heartfelt stuff - which helps you (or anyway me) to understand some of how the girl appears so convincingly like that. A lot of it is about being gay, but some of it I think amounts to the problems of having a woman within - which kind of brings what she does closer to my issues with CDing rather than, as Emma would term it, "drag".
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.