Geocities

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Jill Mansfield
Miss Crystal Goddess

Geocities

Post by Jill Mansfield »

I was just wondering Who remembers all the wonderful pages at West Hollywood and the Susana Marques directory that took You there
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Re: Geocities

Post by DonnaT »

I remember Geocities. Shame it is defunct.
DonnaT
Robyn
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Robyn »

Yep, it was a Yahoo product and if I recall correctly it allowed you to create your own web page too. Perhaps it faded away when FB first monopolized social media.
Normal, just not average,
Robyn
Toni_Lynn_P
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Toni_Lynn_P »

You are correct about it being owned by Yahoo - and that FB contributed to its death. The other factor is Yahoo's uncanny knack of hosing up everything they touch

Hugs

Toni-Lynn

*** Post edited to remove redundant quote, as per: http://crossdressers-haven.com/forums/v ... 65&t=10059" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - SL
Robyn
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Robyn »

But, they (Yahoo) seem to be doing a pretty good job with Flickr. What impresses me the most is that the photos all remain the sole property of the owner (or should I say uploader). Yahoo never takes ownership of the photos even though their are storing them.
Normal, just not average,
Robyn
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Jill, my site was in Susana's directory those many years ago. I moved off when the notice went out they were closing to yet another free site. The host limits space for the freebies and so I took up a Flickr account too to house the pictures. I'm sure I get a lot less traffic to my site than before.

Do you girls remember the various "rings" too? Those helped by make, pardon the pun, circles of like minded sites available thru a chain of links allowing one site to link to another and so on until a possible hundred different sites were all connected to one another.
{squeezes}
Davita
Angell

Post by Angell »

West Hollywood and the Susana Marques directory.
Really loved those sites.
Is there something like it now.