Is it good and/or scary?

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

Is it good and/or scary?

Post by Virginia »

Don't know how many of you follow politics but "WE" = the LGBT community have a former Navy SEAL from SEAL Team 6 who is NOW TG and is running for Congress in the state of Maryland. Running against Steny Hoyer who in my opinion and lots of others has just been in Congress way, way to long.

She, Kristin Beck, has not had any surgery and according to some of her statements does not plan on having any, (at least, so far.) Reading some of the articles is about what you would expect, just politics and, well not completely boring but................... what is SCARY SAD are the comments! There are a lot of people who don't think much of her efforts nor that she is TG. They express their hatred of US in no uncertain terms. They preach God and Bible and hate all in the same sentence. It is sick!!!!! The problem is there are so many of them and a lot are female. I thought of posting, but it would be to no avail as these bigots have not got a clue.

I guess this reiterates my previous post about the father stabbing his own "offspring" who presented as TG MTF at age 22 and claimed that "she" had been brainwashed by a cult. The cult was a local LGBT support group!

Girls there are a bunch of sick, twisted bigots out there! Please be OH SO CAREFUL when you go out!!!

Virginia
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Is it good and/or scary?

Post by Anthony Simon »

I don't know, because I don't live in the States, but the fact that you get lot of nutters vituperating doesn't necessarily mean...well that the whole world (or even the whole of the US) is like that. I mean they're threatened and they would very much like to hurt you - but it's a free lunch in cyberspace.

Like they can be just as vicious as they like and nothing comes back to them - and they get to scare us and they get to feel terribly virtuous (I'm sure they all feel God is on their side). But I do have to say they wouldn't get so vicious - and in such numbers - if they weren't afraid that they might be losing the battle.

You know, in another area (not CD-related) on the internet, I've seen the evil bastards evaporate just like that. They saw the tide was turning against them and, being cowards, they went - just like that.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Domonique
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Domonique »

Virginia, you said a mouthful. This is why I stay away from the "Christians". This is why I don't talk religion or politics. This is why I stay in my own little world with the benefit of going out completely dressed when I want. People as a whole will appose what they don't understand or refuse to try to understand.

Once again we are being thrown to the wolves because of 'traditional beliefs'. Had we ( people as a whole ) been taught differently as children to except everyone for who they really are (Cd, Tg, Gay, BI, etc. etc.) we would be against something else.

Human nature.

Kristin is a brave woman. It would be great to see her get elected and hush a few mouths but...............need I say more.
Dom
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

I agree with Anthony, it is easy for them to make lot of noise in online posting where it costs them nothing. I don't think they are anywhere near the majority, nor even a significant minority. But they are loud, no denying that!
And of course they can be dangerous, fanatics always are if they think they can get away with it. But essentially they are cowards.
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Scary, yes. So much uninformed hate. Also good for public discussion. Do any of those haters mention Kristen's political views? She running for elected office, not Mom of the Year or Miss America. I'd rather have voters be more concerned about financial stability than how a candidate feels about their gender.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

That is the world we live in. It is one reason I have separated from the church I had been attending. I do not care to be around people who if they knew me fully would fully reject all of who I am. I live in the deep south, the "Bible belt" it is socially conservative, very traditional and those who have strong religious faith abound around me. I am more a man of science, and reason and even when I was attending church I never could accept any of the miraculous accounts as factual, just mythology (I mean men made out of clay "breath of life" breathed into them, talking snakes...ridiculous and very transparently clear it is mythology). I do not know if there is or is not a conscious presence pervading the dark infinity of space or not (If so same question still applies...where did that conscious presence come from - hum????? so stupid!!!!!), no one can know that hence I am an agnostic and will be firmly so to the end which is the main reason I left Christian, and all spiritual faiths. But my other reason was their very strong bias. They refuse to see the truth, deny facts, and they reinforce their own bigotry and political belief by interpreting and attending to some of what is written while with the same biased convictions choosing to ignore what inconveniently does not fit a very biased view of their own religious writings - pretty transparent. They see their selves as the arbiters of societies moral standards of what will or will not be allowed. I reject all of this strongly as being absolutely wrong. We exist in nature, it is how we are. There is no such thing as "sin" as people we are not perfect, we are capable of being very good, or exceptionally evil but most people quite naturally want to be their best self, feel badly when they are not. When most people hurt others or behave badly they seek to make amends and seek to return to being their best self.

This evil group of people and their false beliefs have tormented us to the point where We may live all our lives feeling guilty because we are who we are makes me angry! Why should I feel guilty for being the way that I was born, for just being!? Further I am no threat to society or to anybody, what difference does who I am and how I dress harm anybody? GRRRR Nope. I am free of all of this as an agnostic, do not deny the possibility of there being or not being a presence out there, I am not anti religion but they need to leave me the hell alone!!!!!! If it takes a few laws to put them in their place and ensure my right to exist then we need to work to have our right to exist and live freely as we are protected. Hate crimes, rights to work and live and be protected against discrimination everywhere even in public!
Go with the flow
Anita
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anita »

The "comments" section on almost any transgender-related news article are upsetting to read. I don't read them unless I'm steeled up to do so, and have plenty of energy that day. One thing that bothers me is that a trans person's previous accomplishments can mean nothing, if they come out. Bruce Jenner was a top Olympic athlete, and Kristin Beck was a Navy Seal, and it's all forgotten as soon as it's known that they are or might be transitioning.

I think part of this is that people feel like they've been deceived in some way when a celebrity reveals that they are not who people thought they were. It makes them angry, even though it's an unfair attitude to take. The public is not wanting to think about the pressure and social condemnation that forces a successful career person to stay in hiding.

On further thinking, though,I'm not sure that people get as angry when celebrities come out as gay, even though it could be seen as the same deceptive behavior. It's the gender change plus the deception that gets to them.
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Never read the comments!
DonnaT
Toni_Lynn_P
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Toni_Lynn_P »

While anti-LGBT rhetoric is abundant in our world, and especially amongst those who call themselves Christian, it gladdens my heart that Pope Francis recently met an FTM man at the Vatican. While report is un-confirmed, it nonetheless is very very likely to have occurred.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/2 ... ransgender" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hugs

Toni-Lynn
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

I am very libertarian socially. And I am not even against Christians and Jews, or other faiths people are free to do whatever they want, smoke pot in their underwear long as they are not walking in the street. The Pope is probably thinking leave the judgement to "God" translation is that Oh I don't mind personally, I love you, but "God" is going to turn you into a cinder! ZOOT!!!!!!
Go with the flow
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by April Rose »

Don't worry, Anne. I always keep to the sidewalk when smoking pot in my underwear..... ..rofl..
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.