Either I've gotten bolder -- or dumber

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Toni_Lynn_P
Miss Emerald Goddess

Either I've gotten bolder -- or dumber

Post by Toni_Lynn_P »

One thing that I've discovered as I've gotten older is that anymore, I really don't give a hoot! Nowadays, I tend to dress as I please, and have come to realise that my being a girl is not a product of going full force feme a la makeup and nail-polish etc. In seeing myself, I take it as my right to wear what I want to wear, simply because it is what I want to wear.

Possibly not making sense here.

As I mentioned elsewhere, my wife bought a long denim skirt for me. I love it. So, I have taken to wearing it as I did last night: to the grocery store for some tea bags, to the gas station to fill up the tank, and to Subway for supper. No one, and I mean NO ONE, said a word. There were no snickers, no odd looks. Apart from the skirt, there was nothing overtly femme about me - as in boobs/ makeup/ shoes etc.

That gave me pause to ask why. I think the reason is that because I was so comfortable about being me, that nothing looked 'out of sort'. As a result, no one paid me any notice. I was just able to 'be'.

I've either gotten bolder as I've grown older, or dumber in my risk taking.

Plus I think the fact I live in a very accepting community has a lot to do with it. In fact there are two other girls here in town, both transitioning, that frequent my wife's store -- and where they are treated with dignity and respect. More about THAT in another post.

Hugs

Toni-Lynn
Marissa Mae
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Re: Either I've gotten bolder -- or dumber

Post by Marissa Mae »

Hi Toni,

As someone old and getting older I resonate a lot with the points you make. I too find myself partly dressing, seldom completely. (Thank heavens my wife is supportive, even buying me bras, which is a blessing.)

I admire very much your attitude about going out looking a shade feminine in some way. I've done that while not pushing the envelope too much, and find I go unnoticed. Maybe it's partly that people tend not to look so closely at elders.

Caring less what people think is something I strive for, and wish I could achieve. I'm still stung by the least adverse thing. But going unnoticed—my goal—kind of takes care of that. Here's to more stealth femininity!

In complicity,

Marissa Mae
Paulette
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Paulette »

Glad you're in a town where this is possible.

But please be careful. Walmart is not the rest of the world.
~ Paulette
~ just lucky, I guess.
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

I totally agree with you Toni. As I age gracefully my dynamics are changing. Yes, I tend to dress to look and feel feminine more to my age group. Gone are the days of the mini skirts and bold tops etc..

As for going out in public that is something I am yet to achieve. One day I will have the confidence and courage.
Requal