Men's Fashion

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Men's Fashion

Post by Anne Bonny »

I think it is important to move away from the Term Cross dresser, or Transvestism because it means we are accepting a clinical or pathological term which states we are outside of what is considered normal. Let's face it the gender we have is the one we are born with be that closer to Male, Female, or something of a mix all of which are completely normal.

I for one intend to think of myself as I always have. My gender happens to be a mix, or transgender I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I am a person with a broad gender sometimes quite masculine, and sometimes fairly feminine depending on how I am feeling any particular day.

Like my gender I believe I have a right to dress how ever I choose. I have an absolute right to Fashion equality, and gender equality. I have an absolute right to be who I am. No one has a right to deny my right to exist, or my freedom simply to be who I am or to dress as I wish.

There is no such thing as male or female clothing for me just clothing and we wear clothing that is appropriate for us. Our choice is based on personal likes and dislikes, what we are doing and where we happen to be and how we feel about ourselves. We are free to put on whatever we wish.

I am dropping the terms I am a transgender person that's about all I need to know the rest just follows.
Go with the flow
Stephanie H
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: Men's Fashion

Post by Stephanie H »

Project yourself as you see yourself and as you want to be. This is what I feel we need to strive to be happy with ourselves.
Stephanie
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

I support you 100% Anne. I should be able to dress how I chose and when I chose without any repercussions.

In fact I should say WE, as in all, who wish to dress as we see fit should not be vilified, condemned or persecuted in any manner for our actions. What harm is their to society on how one dresses.

In some locations (I am talking globally) we are accepted and other locations we are not.

In recent times some locations have changed to accept differences in dressing. Does this mean that society is becoming accepting (albeit slowly)????
Requal
Noeleena
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Noeleena »

Hi,

Lets look at the difference between male and female clothes , infact there is a lot of difference .and what is made for us is quite different from male clothing bra,s are made for us and dont fit men and tops made for us i have some and they would look totaly wrong on a male even if he were of similar size to me as he does not have breast,s like i do , and skirts for many men they would slip down past there waists because our bodys are shaped differently ,

And if i were to buy a male top / shirt and were the same size as a woman id have no movement for my breasts , pants or trousers males dont fit my body and that goes back some 57 years no wonder i hated them they had to be so baggy Mom would say they are to big yea right well ether that or i split them up the back when i bent over and could not sit down , they were just not designed for my body again that male / female difference ,

And this had nothing to do with fashon ,

so if clothes are made for men and women the same cut shape and size in equal to say the man and woman are the same would they fit both and look good not from what i see ,

Of cause is this only about ...the... clothes if it were i think many more people would not be bothered ,

just its not just the clothes , theres more its to do with trying to be like women in all that we are and then some , that is why so many women and men dont like it and dont /wont accept what its about .

would you wear a Kilt yet its both a male and female wear , okay it pertains more for us who are Scot,s by birth and our history yet many men who like womens wear say no way will they wear a Kilt .thier reason being its not feminine or womens wear its all male , interesting ,

Okay in moving away from crossdresser , whats it going to achieve or other terms , this of cause is with in western socity ,and if you look at the background of it what does it really mean .

the act of wearing items of clothing associated with the opposite gender and used for disguise , now this disguise seems to me to be very importaint for the many 100,s of males i,v talked to , plus other reasons of cause , most wont to not be found out they are male and wont our womens rights while they are male they wont to take over in every thing that we forght for 1890, -1920,s , and when they have dressed for thier escapads and evenings out ,they then go back to thier normal selfs .

For my self i dont care what men wear as far as clothes are concerned look at the hippy times .

So that being the case this is not about just clothes if it were then why do the dressers wont equal rights in every thing that we have ,

heres the thing as a member of womens groups and women only centers abuse centers and women only self esteem self worth and confidence forums that im a member of its for women only because we are the ones who are abused by men so we dont wont men in our groups because of that ,

So my ? then is how far are you going to take this dressing are you,s going to lie about gender so yous can get into our groups as some have tryed ,

all im doing is bringing up our concerns and i dont think they will be addressed not from what i have seen take place in Austraila from a militant group and i know other places as well ,

Have any here read up about our women in the womens surffrage days and how they were treated ,

Any way just a thought or two ,

...noeleena...