Illegal for Men to wear strapless gowns in Australia.

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Trevor

Illegal for Men to wear strapless gowns in Australia.

Post by Trevor »

Happened to see this on The Chive. It's number 28. But it's only illegal in public.

http://thechive.com/2015/03/24/strange- ... 28-photos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This must mean everything else is OK. :) :) :lol:
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Illegal for Men to wear strapless gowns in Australia.

Post by Requal Jo »

Victoria is only one state in Australia. I have not found such a law in New South Wales, the State in which I reside.
Requal
Marissa Mae
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Marissa Mae »

Well ... I imagine it's probably *legal* for me to go out in my strapless gown here in New England, USA, but ...
Realistically I doubt I will be taking advantage of my franchise any time soon. There are, after all, realities. Much as I ignore realities some of the time, this doesn't look like a lucky one to ignore.

Too bad, too. It's a gorgeous strapless, a lovely gray-green, fits me like a glove ... when I found it (it looks as if it is new, may only have been worn once, must have been a bridesmaid's gown) on the rack at Salvation Army, I couldn't believe my eyes. I love it, but it's my secret pleasure, 'cause the world around here is not ready for me to go sashaying out in it.

O tempora! O mores! (did I get the Latin right?)

Love, Marissa Mae
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

OK, if nobody else will say it, I will. Normally I don't wear strapless gowns (don't even own any really) but I have half a mind to get me one and wear it there. What the heck sort of law is that???
It's OK for women to wear strapless gowns? Men can wear gowns as long as they have straps? How about tops in general, I suppose it's legal for men to go topless, but not legal to wear something strapless? Or are men required to wear full coverage bathing suits at the beach, and where would you buy that?
One more example of an idiotic law and why nobody should ever confuse the justice system with having anything actually to do with justice.