Using an App for tracking your inventory

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Trevor

Using an App for tracking your inventory

Post by Trevor »

Anyone else use a smartphone app to keep track of your clothing inventory? I use the Android app Personal Closet. http://personal-closet.blogspot.ca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; And have 250 elements, and some have multiples items. A 6 pack of underwear is one element for example. Every element has a picture with it.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Using an App for tracking your inventory

Post by Davita »

Trevor,
I'm sure the insurance company will love you if you ever have to file. I don't particularly like shopping online. Why oh why would I want to go through my closets using an app? I Just walk over and look. And no matter how many things I have to track, I will still not have a thing to wear. :)

Does the app tell you where in the house or closet or ??? the items are? Do you still have to hunt them down? Now kidding aside, I am a bit organized or I'd never find the outfit I didn't want to wear after all. Most of my shoes are in clear boxes. I have a purse tree, my hose have a drawer, my 1/2 slips have a home, every girl has a panty drawer (I hope). My dresses are together my skirts and tops have their places and so on.

And a last question (or two)... Do you use the app to shop with? So if you're looking for a top to go with a particular skirt? How true to color is the app/phone display?
{squeezes}
Davita
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

I've haven't used it for shopping other than to check a size of an item I already have.
Robyn
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Robyn »

Just saw this post... cool, for a not quite anal retentive person this looks perfect. :lol:

Just downloaded to my Android and will play with it a bit later and give a review :-)
Normal, just not average,
Robyn
Robyn
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Robyn »

Fun app, I downloaded the "Lite" version for my Android. This is good for those of us who line up our clothing in the closet by category and color with everything facing the same way on the exact same type of hangers. For any other nerdettes out there who have a need for organization I give it a thumbs up.

To answer your question Davita; There are 23 colors to categorize by, but you can add a picture of the item taken from your phone. There are a total of 15 fields to catalog each record (clothing, shoes, jewelery and accessories), but I particularly like the "Brand" and "Size" fields which will be very useful.

Just another excuse to fiddle around with my dresses and shoes, lol.
Normal, just not average,
Robyn
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

GAWWWW and my phone has bluetooth... I can fiddle without telling my phone how much I liked the outfit I assembled.

Ya know girls..... the developer of the app has to be one of us girls..... She has to be.... :) Life is good.
{squeezes}
Davita