Garter Belts

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Sandie Masters

Garter Belts

Post by Sandie Masters »

Hi girls!

I don't write on this site often but, this is a question I can't seem to find the answer to.

I would like to buy a garter belt. I think I know the style, but I don't want to waste my money, how do I determine the correct size? I bought one years ago but got rid of it because it kept going down my hips. Basically it wouldn't stay up. I'm about the same size and don't want the same problem. Dressing up is supposed to be fun and having cloth's that fit right , not work and unhappiness.
Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance, God bless,

Joan
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Garter Belts

Post by Davita »

Sandie,
There can be two different problems with a garterbelt that slips down. One is the basic issue of no hips. To compensate for that, you need a snugger garterbelt, but that could prove uncomfortable if too snug. Another choice is to get one that is wider; one that isn't just a skinny band around the waist but has some substance to the sides and front that has more to hold on to it. Again, it can't be too loose but if this one is snug, it won't cut in so much.

The other problem comes with possibly being a tall girl. If the garters are too short or the stockings too short, then you might have too much tug. If the stockings barely clear the tops of your knees, then they are too short. If you can't find them longer, then you look for a belt with longer garters; that's hit or miss. It seems garterbelts are expecting stockings to be around mid thigh.

Hope this helps.
{squeezes}
Davita
Jina James
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Jina James »

I've had this problem, and I think Davita is correct.

I mostly just gave up the fight. Maybe it's time for another round.
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Also, do you wear the straps over or under your panties? Under may help.
DonnaT