In the closet dressers

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Shayla
Miss Silver Goddess

In the closet dressers

Post by Shayla »

There are some like me who aren't living this lifestyle full force but have dressed a few times or can only dress on rare occassions. Basically individuals like me who only dress in the closet but share the same desires and thoughts on a regular basis. What's the best forum where I can share my feelings about dressing up even though I don't do it as often, or CAN'T do it as often? For example, Shayla only exists in hotel rooms during business trips for now. I feel like I can't be apart of most of these forums because they talk about going to the store dressed up, getting new shoes, or coming out to relatives, etc.

Thanks
Sarah Beth
Miss Emerald Goddess

Re: In the closet dressers

Post by Sarah Beth »

You need to read more of the posts on this forum. There are a lot here who don't, or are not able to dress up all the time. There are varying degrees represented here and everyone should feel comfortable about sharing their experiences here.
"It takes all kinds of kinds"
Miranda Lambert
Shayla
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Shayla »

Okay. Thanks
Noeleena
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Noeleena »

Hi,

Im on a lot of forums some 200 . each night / day I go on about 26 and do quite a bit of writing and emails I start about 5 pm Kiwi time till about 1 am ,
and read quite a lot , okay im very organised to be able to do it and have a set program and timing .

now many of the dressers do tell of what they are doing and like you many don't go out any where just home bodys and dressed ,

I have also talked about a lot of issues that come up and also give my point of view from a females view , of cause we don't have many women on our forums so it takes a while to hear how things are going with in marriages and friendships and how it effects those I know ,

I have worked with a few dressers and helped them as well with dressing and being in public and makeup . and I mean face to face together walking down the street as in real life . and meetups .

Those here can give lots of good advice and help just a matter of ask and learn about what they are doing and we have other women =female who will help as well , so have a look around and lots of reading to do , hope that helps .

...noeleena...
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

I've got 1,000 posts here and I still haven't been out dressed up (I did once play a female role at school, though). It is true that there are other sites out there where there is a kind of superiority thing to having gone out, but it isn't really true here. For people like me, it's fantastic to read those sorts of adventures - and it is inspiring - but everyone has their own life and just because you have constraints...

Well, society is one big constraint for CDs.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
MeganMartin
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by MeganMartin »

I am out twice a month and pretty active.
Over the years I've chatted with many closeted cd's and the reason for them remaining in the closet it various reasons.

For me once I broke out of the closet I vowed not to return and I enjoy sharing my adventures with others in hopes to inspire them to break free.

But I respect those that elect not to be out as I am for whatever reason, however if it is just nerves I help them get over that.

Megan Martin

" Some guys play golf....I play girl"
Shayla
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Shayla »

Thanks ladies for clarifying.
Shayla would be lucky to come out at least twice a year.
Kelly
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kelly »

I'm in the closet and probably always will be. My reasons are unique to me and I have accepted that.

None the less, I learn a lot on the forums. I admit that I occasionally will live vicariously through the posts I read. At times I have not been shy about throwing around my 2 cents worth.

I also feel sincere empathy for the experiences people share here. Though I will probably never see anyone face to face I care about the people in this community. They have become my friends; my sorority. Ok, I'm crying now.

I have stated before that I don't get out much. Hearing people talk about it helps me to look forward to the opportunities. And boy when I do get out, I can't wait to post about it.

I guess, Shayla dear, that our out of the closet sisters have more to talk about because they are exposed to more diverse situations and that is why we hear more from them; just a matter of probability there.

This is more than our haven. It is your haven.
I thought a CD was something you stuck in a computer
Shayla
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Shayla »

Yes Kelly!
I feel so close to this community of sisters by just sharing, even though I can't get out as much.
Paulette
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Paulette »

I feel no need to go out dressed. I feel no need to 'pass'. Both would be fun, in a safe atmosphere, but both are unnecessary for me.

I can dress at home, day or night, or both, so I feel no great urgency in that regard.

Having a wife that sees my CD as a feature rather than a bug, and enjoys me in male or female mode, is a tremendous relief, especially after two previous wives who, over 44 years, simply could not deal with it at all.

So, yes, I'm in the closet. But I'm out as a cross dresser to anyone who cares to read my blog or my Facebook notes. But the chances are that they'll never see me dressed anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
~ Paulette
~ just lucky, I guess.
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

As you can see from the previous posts, you are not alone in the closet Shayla. I too am in the closet and choose to stay there for my personal reasons.

As the same with Paulette, my wife accepts my dressing at home and when my sons are away Requal comes out to play.

I would not at this time, or the foreseeable future, make any attempt to venture outside the home environment as the consequences of being caught out would be catastrophic for me.
Requal
DanielleM
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by DanielleM »

I'm out of the closet to my wife and the local TG groups around here but that's it. I only dress around the house myself. Going out I will occasionally underdress or wear something not noticeable. This is a border agreement with my wife.

As you can see, we come in many different flavors. It's not a good or bad thing... it just is.
Don't worry about what other people think, because they don't.
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

What!? This is the forum for you. Those who feel feminine and dress in feminine clothing from time to time as all levels are on this site, be that literally only in a closet or living full time out and about.
Go with the flow
Stephanie H
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Stephanie H »

Enjoy the group and take as much information as you can absorb. There might come a time when you will be able to or want to further explore your self and share it with others. Never feel pressured because other have done so. Each persons journey is different and each persons timeline is very different. Be well and be safe.
Stephanie
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Shayla, you are at the right forum. A member here that has lots of posts and seems to have plenty of experience, may still have to hide by last year's misplaced Christmas gifts.

Is an unlucky spouse keeping you hidden? I mean unlucky in that she is missing out on helping her tormented husband become much happier in life. Or is it your own personal fears? Doubt on your presentation?
Those fears can be overcome. Much easier than an unaccepting spouse.

As my husband became more bold and determined, yet still hidden. His mood swings and mysterious goings on arose suspicion. After a bit of rough time, I'm now happy to have a CD husband. We are closer now and you all do no harm except to your own emotional rollercoaster.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!