Bruce Jenner Story

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Ms. Erin
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: Bruce Jenner Story

Post by Ms. Erin »

Caitlyn, she is my hero. =D>
I am a woman of trans experience.
Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Caitlyn Jenner

Post by Alisa »

Wow... she is a beauty!
Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

Post by Virginia »

She has made a difficult journey, carrying a lot of us with her.

Yes, she is a beautiful woman.

My greatest hope is that she does not "go into stealth" mode now! She can do so much for us from this point forward!

Virginia

PS: I get a big kick out of her female detractors! They are so jealous and they just can't hide it! LOL
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
Wendae
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Wendae »

While I am happy for Caitlyn I'm not with the "grandstanding". I'd be crazy to say she's not beautiful but money can preform miracles. I'm glad her specials was so helpful to you other girls but I'm not so sure about it's impact on others. <>
I believe I was a lesbian in my past life
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

I wouldn't call it grandstanding. She's using the platform available to her in hopes of helping others.

And it will help some, and it also will anger some.

Her heart is in the right place.

She now has to be able to stand up to the naysayers, because she has taken on a great responsibility stepping out on that platform.
DonnaT
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Proud of my Daughter

Post by DonnaT »

In response to the backlash regarding Caitlyn, my daughter posted this link on her facebook page.

http://www.motherhoodunscripted.com/?p=6006" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(slow server, may need to enter more than once)
DonnaT
CharLee
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by CharLee »

You have a very intelligent daughter Donna, and what she wrote is what should be expected by all people
Marissa Mae
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Marissa Mae »

It's difficult to assess what the public reaction to Caitlyn really is. Right now she seems to be the latest media splash, but what impression is she producing on the public generally: positive, negative, or something in between? How are people in the silent majority seeing her against their own backgrounds and lives?

I'd like to hope that as her life journey goes forward it will impact us positively, not just make the bulk of people feel more threatened and more set in their attitudes of rejection and anger. I sincerely hope that on balance people will be left with admiration and well-wishing for her and for this very difficult life choice she's made.

Also it's too early yet to tell whether she is just the latest nine days' wonder, soon to drop out of the news and everyone's consciousness, or whether her story will stay in the public eye in some way, so that her life and fortunes are part of the public consciousness for years to come.

I'm old enough to remember the Christine Jorgensen?son? circus. In some ways it left a permanent impression, at least showing that transgender is possible. In other ways I'm sure most people saw it as sheer crazy freakishness they didn't want to touch with a ten foot pole, only laugh at. How far have we come from that, I wonder?

I'd like two things to happen: first, Caityln stays in the public eye, and earns an honorable place in the public's affections. Second, other public transwomen also come forward, so she's not virtually alone and can't be seen as a solitary oddity to be laughed at, but must be seen against a background of numerous others of us who are a legitimate group of humans finding happiness in a legitimate way.

May it happen!

Love, Marissa Mae
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

I wonder if I'm outing myself on my 'male' FB page. My older brother is understanding to the plight of our trans youth, but not for Jenner, and refuses to call her Caitlyn.

I asked him, if he was able to talk to John Wayne, would he call him Marion. No response.

Now he's cited the a--hole Paul McHugh and his 2004 anti-trans article “Surgical Sex”. He said he wanted to illustrate a different point of view.

So, I had to respond with a long post to explain why McHugh's point of view is erroneous.

I followed up with my being an electrical engineer and was familiar with Lynn Conway, etc. etc. hoping to throw him off the scent. My mom is the only one in that part of the family that knows.

As the conversation continues, what I've gathered is that his issue is with Jenner mainly, citing Jenner's move through life living a full as a male (marriage, fatherhood,athletics).

I pointed out that tust because Jenner took a different path, that does not make it any less real than Lynn's or thousands of others. Many try to "man-up", like former Navy SEAL Kristin Beck. This is likely one reason Jenner did so well at the Olympics, trying to man-up.

Many eventually realize that transition is the right path. He believes that children who have this dysphoria should be nurtured and be permitted the identity to which they relate. So I pointed out that Jenner was once a child, and as a child had this dysphoria. It doesn't go away. Additionally, I pointed out that at least Jenner's children are supportive, apparently, since they have yet to voice any displeasure at Caitlyn's transition.
DonnaT
Danielle R.
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Danielle R. »

I enjoyed the show, as far as speaking for the trans community I will give it some time to see if she is only doing it for money and fame
I am what I am! a man in a dress
Ms. Erin
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Ms. Erin »

Donna that is a great blog from your daughter. I enjoy reading it.
I am a woman of trans experience.
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

DonnaT wrote:I wonder if I'm outing myself on my 'male' FB page. My older brother is understanding to the plight of our trans youth, but not for Jenner, and refuses to call her Caitlyn.

I asked him, if he was able to talk to John Wayne, would he call him Marion. No response.

Now he's cited the a--hole Paul McHugh and his 2004 anti-trans article “Surgical Sex”. He said he wanted to illustrate a different point of view.

So, I had to respond with a long post to explain why McHugh's point of view is erroneous...
If he's got back-up material for his point of view (McHugh), he won't find it surprising that you have stuff in some depth too. The way the conversation has progressed, with him introducing back-up material first, means that your sharing your knowledge doesn't look remarkable.

That's where particularly a problem would be, you coming up with such material unprompted. Like why would you be so keen to share?
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.