Bruce Jenner Story

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

AshleyMarie

Bruce Jenner Story

Post by AshleyMarie »

So I wanted see what everyones views were (if you watched it) on the Bruce Jenner story last night. I thought it was great and put a lot of awareness out there for the transgender and the crossdressing community. Although I am not transgender, I am so happy that there is someone who has stepped up and become a positive figure. I thought they also had very good things to say about the CD community! Your thoughts?
Martina Hall
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: Bruce Jenner Story

Post by Martina Hall »

Bruce Jenner was the USA macho man hero. The whole time, he was hurting and incomplete. We know how that feels. He has some step-children who are supportive, and that's a good thing. One daughter is a fashion designer, it will be interesting to see what she can design for him/her.
I AM my own hot girlfriend.
AshleyMarie

Post by AshleyMarie »

So true Martina. Although I am not your "macho man" I am sure some on here are and thousands more out there that are. Maybe this is a stepping stone for them to step up and show who they truly are instead of hiding their themselves.
Celia
Moderator and "Princess of Chat"

Post by Celia »

I thought that the interview was, overall, a positive thing. I did have a something of an issue with it on a matter of language.

Myself, I prefer the term "transsexual" for people who intend to transition (or possibly even those who have transitioned), at least those who have a strong sense of gender identity oppositional to that which they've been assigned. I refer to Jenner as being transsexual - which I'll concede implies transgender. "Transgender" for me is an umbrella term. I do regard myself as transgender, even though I have doubts about ever transitioning. Specifically, though, I'm genderqueer - and if genderqueer isn't transgender, we're going to have to have some sort of international convention to sort out our terminology.

Briefly . . . if people find out that I'm transgender and then ask me when I'm going to transition, my response will be "why don't you complete your transition first and then get back to me?" :twisted:
Only the young die young.
JillAnne
Miss Silver Goddess

Bruce Jenner

Post by JillAnne »

So my wife and I sit down to watch the Bruce Jenner interview. About 30 minutes into the show, I turn to her and say "This is how I am" and her reply was you want to become a woman? I said no not eexactly but I have been dressing in womans clothing since I can remember. I also explained that this is why I enjoyed dressing up years ago when we experimented sexually. Long story short-she is alright with my dressing and promised she would tell no one.
There is a ray of hopr for me!!!

I think she has suspected this for a long time.

*** Author's similar topic merged to this existing one where it properly belongs. - SL
Girls have more fun!
I like being a man, but I LOVE being a WOMAN.....
Domonique
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: Bruce Jenner

Post by Domonique »

JillAnne, that's wonderful news. As I have suspected, Bruce Jenner is already influencing change in the out look of gender identity. We also watched that interview, ( well Babydoll did, my mother had me on the phone for the first hour ). We are both happy for Bruce. I am hoping that his bravery will be a giant leap for all of us, well maybe one small step, toward being more excepted in the eyes of the public or at least a little less resistance.
Again, Good for you JillAnne, sounds like a big step for you.
Dom
Ms. Erin
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Ms. Erin »

Congrats JillAnne, looks like a great future ahead for you girl.

My ex roommate called me on the phone to watch Bruce on TV but I only saw a little bit, I am glad that "we" are getting more exposure by famous gurls, and therefore "we" should get better acceptance in society. Although I personally have no negative experiences in acceptance, here in my neck of the woods.
I am a woman of trans experience.
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

We didn't watch it, but my wife wass still confused, after almost 40 yrs.

Bruce said she was heterosexual, not gay, and was a woman. My wife asked, "isn't that what you told me, you're heterosexual, not gay?"

So, I had to explain that sexual orientation and gender identity are different things. I like being a man, etc.
DonnaT
JillAnne
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by JillAnne »

Our conversation was more detailed than what I posted. I did tell her that i am not gay and that I enjoy dressing up and felling fem. I explained it by saying "It relaxes me and felt I normal) and it does. Always has. She was confussed but accepted (I think) my situation. It's a start.
Girls have more fun!
I like being a man, but I LOVE being a WOMAN.....
Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

Post by Virginia »

Bruce's story is great! I have to also give even more respect to Kristen Beck, the 22 year Navy veteran and former member of SEAL Team 6! That is one awesome woman.

I have to also comment on the comments that I read about both ladies! Mostly the religious fanatics who claim we will all burn in hell!

Two things I say to them: 1. It is the epitomy of human arrogance to "create" GOD in our own image!
2. I would ask them, so GOD is perfect, SHE does not make ANY mistakes??? Well, here stands Virginia -- What do you think??

Be proud of this "gift" we have!

Love,

Virginia
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
Martina Hall
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martina Hall »

If god wants to strike us all dead, she better get busy. Could take a while.

Meanwhile, three cheers for Jenner's idea of an awesome Glam Room. More fantasy material for the do-it-yourselfer, right?
Does she (Jenner) know about this website? Someone should invite her. She's already all the way out, what the hey. We would welcome her warmly. It did me a lot of good hearing what she had to say on the telescreen. If you can make it there, we can make it anywhere.
AND, it's not up to the judgmental crowd to enforce god's laws. Morality Police? Wardrobe Gestapo? Produce your authorization!
I AM my own hot girlfriend.
Rikki
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Rikki »

What a piece of television.

My wife, who loves "celebrity TV" really wanted to see the interview with Bruce. We lay together on a hotel bed, with our 29 year old daughter on the next bed, a spring family trip. Traveling together I find stressful enough, but these two hours filled me with ultimate tension.

As Bruce began to relate his history of CDing and those early feelings, my eyes must have been the size of dinner plates. He was telling my story, the story of the same years, the same closet. The only difference: in my case no sister. While I am no Olympic athlete, I have worked with many and involved in a very extreme-sport lifestyle. (although age has slowed that down a lot) His comment about "hanging things back in Mom's closet precisely in the right place" echoed to my youth back in the late 50's.

The wife was seemed understanding and sympathetic to his situation. Her empathy needle always on the positive side of the gauge. Her comments, as I laid there with shortness of breath, were quite tender. "Could she be as gentle if it were my story?" I waited. Surely she will "Ask" since I've given her so many hints over the years.

The program seemed to last forever. I was so pleased by how the producers handled Bruce's story. It could have been such an ugly one had the "reality factory" been shooting it. "When will she ask? Should I drop the bomb at this tempting moment?" Maybe with the daughter in the room and all the weekend travel plans ahead, now is not the best time.

Well I never did and the wife never asked. She has brought Bruce back up several times since. Her reaction seems to be true sympathy, not pity. And no remorse for the family. All these indicators point to a possible favorable outcome if I were to reveal myself honestly and totally to her. She will be watching her entertainment shows this week for sure and the story will be there for some time to come. So our conversations will surely touch on the subject again. Maybe, just maybe, Rikki will get let out of his/her closet.

All I can say is, "Thank you Bruce Jenner! Your brave move to be open about who you are has paved a path for this cowardly crossdresser to follow. I just hope that if and when I step out on that path it's holding hands with my "Dorothy" of 35 years beside me."

I will keep you all updated. And my best wishes to the others here who have used this opportunity. It is a "gold medal moment" for us all. Thanks again, Bruce.

All the best,
Rikki
Be safe, Be frilled
Lydia
We Will Never Forget You - Rest in Peace

Post by Lydia »

Hi All,
I have not been around here for a while. It is good to be with my friends again.
Especially good to see Virginia is back !!!!

I watched the Jenner interview, and it had a profound effect on me. If I had known many years ago what I know now, I may have transgendered. It is not possible any more for me - not at 93. However I dress as much as possible, but go out sparingly. Still too timid, I guess. But if I use makeup minimally, I can pass for an old lady. Hah!

Paula (my love and my SO) was also affected by the Jenner show, and has actually suggested a dinner party for her "girls Club" with me as star guest - en femme, of course. I am also considering more outside excursions. At this point, even if I meet someone who knows me, I'll just brazen it out. Let them think what they want.

The Jenner show also made me think about myself and many others in this forum. We dress as women; but most of us are not actually masquerading as women full time. How do we fit in to the transgender spectrum? I'love to see your comments on that point.

I don't think we can ever come to a definitive answer as to why we dress. Why this compulsion? Where does it come from? Personally, I have ceased to worry about that - I just enjoy it.

HUGS,
Lydia
"There comes a time ... when you must grasp the bull by the tail and face the situation."
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

We are all different, so where we fit on the transgender spectrum will have a number of answers.

And some will say nowhere at all.

All I know is some part of me is trans to have lead me to be a continual crossdresser. I'm just glad that I like it, otherwise it would be hell.

Jenner's story was discussed on WTOP (103.5 FM) locally, and done so with empathy and the discussed being trans and having kids as well as being a trans kid. At least the story has people talking.
DonnaT
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

I did not watch the interview but wish I had, what I was able to read, and what I heard about it was very good. That she (Jenner) stated she hoped she would be able to do some good, I think she has from what I hear. That she has never been with another man...because that is the instant assumption - oh you like dressing like a woman and you feel like a woman you must be gay, well there are those among us who are but many many of us are not we are married with children. She seemed to explain how she (Jenner) has felt inside all of her life that is also an important point for the public to understand. Hopefully it will move the public to stop nailing us as homosexual perverts and will see that is not true. It may be we are hard to understand but we are really no different than anyone else. And for those who are homosexual I mean no offense by that it is just the automatic assumption that your sexual orientation is one way when it is not makes me angry because many many of us are heterosexual. Anyway will have to see where I can locate the entire interview.
Go with the flow