Neat article...

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Neat article...

Post by Anne Bonny »

http://www.laweekly.com/news/brian-and- ... at-4431752" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He wears a dress...She's fine with that...seems legitimate, anyway I hope it is if it's not it should be. Why can't any happy couple find each other and fall in love?
Go with the flow
Robyn
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: Neat article...

Post by Robyn »

This is a fun story Anne, thanks for sharing. I have no doubt it's legitimate, and the entire article brings up a lot of good points that reference the simplicity of crossdressing. In fact, they actually refer to Brian as a transvestite, which is the term I prefer to use. Unfortunately so many associate transvestism with sexual connotations, but it's original definition merely references wearing the opposite gender's clothing.

I relate to a lot of this, and one statement in particular stands out to me, "Because I'm a man. I'm not trying to pass. I'm not a lady."

Kudos to Brian, Bravo!
Normal, just not average,
Robyn
Gillian
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Gillian »

I read this story a short while ago. The thing that struck me the most is that this guy is comfortable and at home with himself. Unabashed is the word that comes to mind. I say good for him!
So I concluded that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to enjoy themselves as long as they can. People should eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of there labor, for these are gifts from God.
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Absolutely. Yes, I have sworn off the other term...I like to wear feminine clothing...and of course I am a transvestite. I usually dress without a wig...many women have short short hair...so. I do like to use the gel inserts because I prefer a little curvature when I am wearing a dress or a top. And in a dress at a minimum I wear lipstick, today lipstick and mascara, oh and always ear rings and a necklace - same one I wear every day...an anchor. If I want to look prettier I will get my wig out and apply eye shadow too... I do not see why I cannot find the same arrangement for myself when my wife is gone. She has been total care for such a long time...5 years now and gee it is hard and sad but I try not to dwell on that. I do the best that I can for her she is the love of my life, the next lady will not be that because you only get one of those - where you are both young, starting out...then the kids come along...as you go along your career develops - that only happens once in your life and that is the love of your life or the chief one, the next will be about enjoying the latter part of life in retirement, finishing the race to the end that will be a different thing entirely. Sad my love did not make it but she would not want me to die with her but to go on, would expect it so I will.

I may not dress every day, the gender thing comes and goes so I would not be like the couple in the article which appears to be every day even at work for him. I am a conventional man when my more usual masculine gender is present...most of the time.
Go with the flow
Marissa Mae
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Marissa Mae »

Very cool article. I like the normalcy the article conveys. (LA Weekly's always been great that way.) Emphasizes the lifestyle's attractions.

His taste in clothes, too. Exquisite.

Love, Marissa Mae
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

I love this article.
I really like the part "he dresses like a woman but shops like a man, find something you like and buy 8 of them." :lol:

I try not to do that, but I can really relate...............