How to be me...

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Tiffani

How to be me...

Post by Tiffani »

I have had the fortunate chance to dress in my apartment recently. I have a roommate who is on vacation so I have the place to myself. I love to dress while doing housework. I am closet who dresses at home often and underneath when I get chance. I want to get out there and dress for real, you know, air between my shaven legs in a proper dress. Makeup done right and a handbag on my person. I dream of being a GG. My question is, how hard is the transition? I want to feel what it is like to be a woman in all ways. What is the best way to start? I would love to meet men, to be the woman I feel I am then be...does that make sense? Please let me know your experiences.
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Re: How to be me...

Post by DonnaT »

Hi Tiffani, -wel- to the forum.

Most of us are non-transitioning crossdressers, thus you'll have to take any advice with that in mind.

I also doubt many want to be with a man.

Where to start? For some, they build relationships of support. Whether that is from friends or family, depends on what who you can hopefully count on.

Some join trans support groups. A number of these groups gather for evenings out. To build confidence.

Others go away to trans conferences, Fan Fair, Southern Comfort, etc.

And some just gather the courage, start dressing and going out on their own.

As for men, one must be extremely careful, and honest up front, least they find themselves in danger. Group outings can be helpful.
DonnaT
Kelly
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kelly »

I wish I could offer good counsel, Tiffani; but don't have life experience that relates to your goals.

I have fantasied occasionally about what it would be like to go to a neighboring town and set up life as a full time woman, but have concluded that I would last a month. The details, the loneliness, etc., etc,. etc. would become overwhelming.

If you can pull it off your a better girl than me.

By the way. Welcome. Please tell us a bit more about yourself and post often.

Kelly.
I thought a CD was something you stuck in a computer
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Tiffani,
My website has other references, but let me give you the two "biggies," http://www.wpath.org/ and http://www.annelawrence.com/. Another one you might find useful is http://www.tsroadmap.com/index.html.

You might want to start with the last one first. The first two are all about your total health as a transgender person, including what it takes to transition.

You mentioned wanting to be with men. Is that because you think that validates being a woman? Forget about sexual preference and your gender identity as having any relationship.

Hope this helps if it doesn't overwhelm you.
{squeezes}
Davita
Noeleena
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Noeleena »

Hi,

How hard is it to transition.....depends on age how your hardwired ,body wise may be health issues and if meds are going to be part of this then how your body reacts to them , can you live in the womans world and be part of that and i mean long term ,

You talk about clothes and what women wear and what its like and how it feels , and dream of being like a woman, to feel like a woman wow , well that would be for myself whats it like to be or feel like a male , I can tell you what i do and how i think ,

in some ways all i can say is because i am a female i dont know any different how do i explain knowing what you are from birth knowing your not a male , theres details wired in that are just there part of you and who you are , and you know your not like a male for most of us we are wired or programed to wont to have our children thats a driving force in us part of our makeup , and what makes us who we are , do i or can i relate to males sorry no i dont know how to its just not there,

Now this ...in all ways ....this comes into the sexual side of being a female for most though not all women , This for me is where its different , Im ...NOT... interested in men at all never was or ever will be , and this becomes very involved because you give of your self fully becomes for most you become Emotionally and Psychologically involved and not so easy to just walk away from this ,

You do sound very much like a dresser who would like something , that is not possible
and thats where being female is quite different from being a male , some can act the part and do very well others can fool people and some would not know they are men from the outward side of being dressed and so on and others wont to live as like and as close to what a woman is and others take meds and have surgerys and seem to fit in to life and live as women and do well,

As to clothes well i wear them though i really dont care much about them even though i make my own they are just what i wear no big deal ,

The changes can be very hard when family is involved maybe work and trying to fit in can for manybe very hard , , depends on your out look in life how you cope and if to be like a woman is real ,

I can tell you its not an act and takes time and having friends when you need them when it gets tough going and you wont to quit , thoughts of suiside depression and lose of family and friends and being sacked from work and abused , and rejection ,

so theres two sides here and a lot of soul serching that goes on as well , and its the rest of your life , not a today and not tomorrow kind of thing , So to be a woman one grows into being one and lives life being one .

to grow up as we,d say i have grown into being a woman because i was born female though i am a bit different in some aspects of who i am i still had to grow, im allso not compleat in every detail does not stop me from being who i am and this has been proved many times through out my life ,

...noeleena...