Doing My Hair

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Doing My Hair

Post by Martha G »

Unfortunately I am near slick bald and have just a small ring of hair around my head. So I must stick to wigs.

But how much fun would it be to do my own hair.

Setting my hair in curlers! Oh my!

I have always wanted to do that.

And after I start going out , then go to a beauty shop, sit under the lamp with ladies and enjoy the experience.

Well you can't have everything! But I wouldn't mind my own locks !
I AM NOW A WOMAN- I FOUND MYSELF
Eileen (SO)

Re: Doing My Hair

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Martha,

My husband is also slick on top. He wishes just to have his own hair back! Doubtful that he would let it grow long enough to be styled feminine so would probably still wear a wig. If not, I would insist.

Long hair that needs to be curled and styled looks so nice, but a pain in the butt to deal with each and every day. You'll notice that most mature women wear their hair cut above shoulder length. Still looks feminine and a lot easier to care for. The beauty shops aren't like they used to be anyway, and costly.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Deidre Taylor
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Deidre Taylor »

You are so right about long hair Eileen, still I wear mine almost shoulder length because people tell me it makes me look younger. When I first went FT I let it grow to almost mid back, what a pain! Between all the styling and the fact it was probably too long for my age at the time, I was 50 back then, that style didnt last long for me. I did toy with getting cut short a couple of summers ago when it was so hot, glad I didn`t. To see how I would look with shorter hair I boughtt a human hair wig in a color that almost pefectly matched my natural blonde hair, well mine and Loreal`s. Just for the highights of course! :^o Everyone said it made me look older, just what every middle aged woman wants to hear. :-k

The only time I go to the beauty salon is for a trim, they are way too expensive for just styling or to have my ``highlights`` touched up. :lol:
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

I am also fortunate to have a full head of hair, my father was bald on top and wore a toupe for years... I did not find out he was bald until I was about 10 years old and as you can imagine my jaw dropped! My mother hated it and told him it looked ratty, finally after he retired my mom and my sister convinced him to "come out" and it was just like that for him I am sure. So I am lucky I inherited the genes from my mother's side. I though grew up in a military family so have had a "regular" haircut style all of my life. I have tried growing my hair out but it begins to look ratty and unkempt and shaggy, then my internal resistance to change, the ingrained conformity - men my age do not look like this takes over and I give in and go get it cut. Once again I am having another go at change. Many british men have longer hair over their ears and look fine why would I not look fine too? I was never a "hippy" not allowed to have long hair...a beatle cut...or "long hair like a girl's" they would say using that gender reinforcement stick to make me conform to the social norms. Best I could get away with and this was in the 60's was what I called "a surfer cut" with long bangs swept to the side and a little shaggy. So it is a psychological resistance I have to overcome but I am willing to try once again. I am gender fluid and want to be able to style it acceptably both ways masculine and feminine. I might go as far as chin length? Clip-on hair extensions can be clipped underneath then for a long beautiful hair style. You know as all finally falls into place for me psychologically...after 58 years!!!! What is wrong with change? I am moving into a new era why not reflect that in a new hair style?

I will just have to work through that incredibly difficult time of psychological resistance because I do enjoy being able to wear a feminine style which I feel I was able to when I was close last couple times. A GG pen pal had me buy vitamins for Hair, skin, and nails...but you really cannot make it grow faster than 1/4" per month.... I want my own natural hair which would be better than even the best top of the line human hair wigs.

Gee have you ever considered hair transplants?
Go with the flow