Trans Teen Beats Virginia School Board

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Trans Teen Beats Virginia School Board

Post by DonnaT »

The U.S. Justice Department has sided with a transgender teenager who alleges that a Virginia school board’s restroom policy is discriminatory.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/edu ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DonnaT
Janet Bern
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: Trans Teen Beats Virginia School Board

Post by Janet Bern »

Every School should have a Pvt Klinger
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Right! Not only can't we help who we are. But we have a right to live too! I believe there should be accomodations made and the most logical is to add a private one at a time restroom near every male and female restroom that way the modest are not offended. Oops...I just feel the societal norms are such that males and females feel modest and want that private space reserved just for males or females. I think if someone is post op they have every right to use communal restrooms that match their new sex. Until then I believe forcing others to accomodate us is not right, but a seperate private bathroom for non op or pre ops could easily be accepted by all.
Go with the flow
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

The Obama administration filed a groundbreaking legal brief in a federal appeals court on Wednesday evening, supporting a transgender student’s challenge to his school’s policy banning him from using the restroom that corresponds with his gender identity.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner/ob ... evYqMkxd5O" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DonnaT