Girl Scouts support rights for trans youths

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Girl Scouts support rights for trans youths

Post by DonnaT »

The Girl Scouts returned a $100K donation to a transphobic donor, and received much more in replacement donations.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morn ... -donation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DonnaT
Danielle R.
Miss Silver Goddess

Re: Girl Scouts support rights for trans youths

Post by Danielle R. »

Thank you Donna for the link I heard about this on the radio, Of course it was reported as negative news So I want to do my part and help
I am what I am! a man in a dress
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Bothersome.

In another case:
GoFundMe released the funds, less 8 percent for itself

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/inde ... rimin.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
8% seems excessive, but I don't know what kind of expenses GoFundMe has.

Hopefully they will take less from the girl scouts fund.
DonnaT
Marissa Mae
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Marissa Mae »

I wonder how this will work out in terms of TG Girl Scout membership, if that's even an open subject yet.

TGs are self-identifying younger and younger, so membership among Girl Scouts themselves could be a TG goal.

Probably the issue of TG Girl Scout leaders, officials and den mothers (correct term?) and so on would arise later. The issue of who is teaching and guiding the members is always the most contentious.

But what a great development ... and from a very conservative direction, too!

Love, Marissa Mae
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

As a former Brownie, Girl Scout, Cub Scout Den Mother, and very proud of my Eagle Scout son, I find what the Girl Scouts are doing highly offensive. As 98% of the community, is there no place for a hetero child to learn basic skills that teach leadership? Scouting has become the Accept Gays Or Else. Shame on all of you. Scouting was never intended to be a sexual orientation organization. Lord Baden-Powell founded the Boy Scouts to train young men to be leaders of their community. Strong men that had experience in fending for themselves and family. God, Country, and Family.

Now in the Girl Scouts, we have a 'whatever is popular now' attitude. They have become a lesbian first organization. Would any of you fathers send your daughters to this type of indoctrination?

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

It's not like GSofA is teaching sex at their meetings, or the girls are sitting around showing each other their genitalia. Not are they setting girls up in pairs to date. A lesbian first organization? I find that highly offensive. My wife was a scout leader, and my daughter was a scout.

And being trans is entirely different from being a lesbian. Not sure how one takes a trans issue and turns it into a lesbian issue.

I was a boy scout leader and my son was a scout. We didn't ask a single boy if they were gay, or not. Sexual orientation was not on the application forms. We taught them many different things, but sex wasn't one of those things.

There is no sexual orientation indoctrination in the scouts. If a scout leader was caught trying something like that, they'd likely find themselves on the wrong side of the law.

If a child identifies as a girl, goes to school as a girl, is raised as a girl in all things and has friends in school that are girls, she should be able to join the girl scouts like her friends, if the scout troop will have them.

Heck, boys and girls go to the same camp all the time, even church camp.

I've never seen one headline regarding: "Trans girl molests another girl," or the like.

Trans girls are mentally girls, they want the girl experience as they grow up. They want to be happy with who they are, not feel like a freak. Obviously they can't have the same puberty type experiences, but they can have other girl experiences, if people are more open minded like some of the girl scout troops.
DonnaT