WVs DMV changes photo policy re transgender women.

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

WVs DMV changes photo policy re transgender women.

Post by DonnaT »

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-nn- ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The West Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles will no longer dictate how transgender residents can dress for driver’s license photos, reversing a policy that many LGBT advocates consider unconstitutional.

The state formally changed its policy July 1 after five transgender women threatened to sue, saying they were harassed or forced to remove makeup while trying to update their driver’s license information last year, according to the New York-based Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund, which represented them.
A similar issue occurred in South Carolina when their DMV similarly discriminated against a 16-year-old transgender gal.

These types of suits seem to finally be making an impact on how government officials supposed to treat transgender folk.
DonnaT
Danielle R.
Miss Silver Goddess

Re: WVs DMV changes photo policy re transgender women.

Post by Danielle R. »

That is great news!!! I have heard horror stories about how the DMV treat transgender women
I am what I am! a man in a dress
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Re: WVs DMV changes photo policy re transgender women.

Post by Anne Bonny »

Being gender fluid I suppose I would probably choose my male gender because I am a man and have no plans to change that but those whose balance lies on the opposite gender side it is very important and I would absolutely support this. For trans sexuals I assume this is not a problem. On the other hand were I to prefer my female gender be represented on my license I should have that option. So it's a good thing. yea!!!
Go with the flow