Simple and Sensible

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Tamroi
Miss Silver Goddess

Simple and Sensible

Post by Tamroi »

Marlene Dietrich was not wanting to be a man or to pretend it.
I would enjoy being a girl, and wearing short shorts, and attracting etc, like they now always do.
However at my age, no way.
Like Marlene, I do not want to pretend or fool anyone.
Publically and at home, all the time, I wear simple, comfortable, and bright, dresses and skirts,
long hair, flats, a bra, nail polish, and a beard. I shave all my body hair.
I have great fun collecting and wearing clothes.
I expect that in a few years many men will openly do the same.
Will this make your fantasies harder?
Women seem to like me.
Is anyone here with me?
Robyn
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: Simple and Sensible

Post by Robyn »

Hear, hear!

First and foremost I dress for me and "Woman seem to like me" just as I am. I enjoy being a rugged man who cleans up nicely and comfortably presents en femme (regularly). Many here know Nature Gal (a member of CDH) whom is an amazing women with whom I have a wonderful live in relationship with, but we are not a "couple", yet we share a strong love and respect for one another. I only mention this because I found entering the dating scene as a heterosexual CD/TV to be a wonderful experience. In fact, I met the most amazing gal with whom I'm having so much fun with. We've been out as boy/girl, boy/tomboy, girl/girl, and girl/tomboy. Just being ourselves in it's simplest form. I can show up at her place on my motorcycle in full riding gear looking quite manly, shower, put on makeup and a cute dress while she prepares herself for the evening, and off we go...
Tamroi wrote:I do not want to pretend or fool anyone.... I have great fun collecting and wearing clothes
I have gay, bi, and straight friends. I've made some awesome acquaintances with post and pre op transgender individuals. I wish to show respect, support, and encourage other like minded individuals with big hearts and warm souls, and for me personally; if I wasn't having fun what would be the point?

Yes I'm with ya Tamroi :-)
Normal, just not average,
Robyn
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Tamroi wrote:I expect that in a few years many men will openly do the same.
Will this make your fantasies harder?
My wife asked me about it once, and I told her I have no issues with looking like a man in a dress. I wear the clothes that feel nice. How I present does not change how the clothes feel.

She had a problem with it however. So if we went out with me dressed, I would be properly dressed and made up.

I doubt very much that in a few years many men will do the same.
DonnaT
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

Even in a very liberal college town like Ann Arbor I'm not sure tej general public is ready for a man in a dress, particularly a bearded one. I know it would draw a stare even from me!

I understand your desire to have that happen but it probably won't. Enjoy your life as you desire and if you sh to out as you are comfortable then do it. Just know that you are going to attract a few looks.
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

hmmm, well there are some men doing right exactly now. How many will be doing it in the future? I'd guess maybe somewhat more than are right now, but probably not many. Even if it were (or when it is) perfectly acceptable, I suppose that most men just plain don't want to. Heck not many women even like wearing dresses on a regular basis. So we dress wearers will always be a select few: those with better taste, higher refinement, more judicious discernment, more enlightened and interesting, and most of all - better able to walk in heels, than those commoners who wear pants. :P
Tamroi
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Tamroi »

http://thisbugslife.com/2014/04/01/davi ... -all-time/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Interesting photo array. Not sure I would have given the title of best dressed to David Bowie in spite of gender fluidity in attire. My personal vote would have gone to Diana Rigg. God how I can still remember her on The Avengers as Emma Peel. This jumpsuits and boots. Then again what else would a budding TG girl remember? :) Then I remember her as hostess of Masterpiece Theatre. She matured into a beautiful woman obviously comfortable with her looks and age. Curious what others think.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Tamroi
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Tamroi »

I appreciate being introduced to the actress Diana Riggs since I have not seen any of her performances.
I see that she was certainly pretty when she was a girl.

From the evidence I can find on the web, she is possibly the worst dressed celebrity in history:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... event.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyway the point of my pointing to David Bowie at
http://thisbugslife.com/2014/04/01/davi ... -all-time/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
was as example of being, like Marlene Dietrich, sartorially very positively received without being "gender fluid".

The response to my initial post indicates that indeed almost no one here is with me.
I cross dress in the conviction that dress is a social construct, not necessarily a way to make believe.
A man can easily wear dresses and a woman can easily wear trousers.
As Iggy Pop says "These are not women's clothes. They're mine."
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

My feeling about Bowie is he's very consciously playing a part. I mean, in a certain sense, I think you'd have to say he's making a stage of the world and playing on it. He went through all sorts of roles after his gender-bending - which kind of shocked me when I first realised.

Diana Rigg is just amazing. I too grew up with The Avengers - and that's a thing to see a woman like that when you're 13, like the image of her presented there. It's indelible; you never forget. Which I think would really get on her nerves now, judging from the Telegraph interview - but then she's a very grounded sort of person. That woman has staggering character, which you could see then and it comes out now. Plus she's a dame, which is a very high accolade for Brits - like she's had a career of major substance is what it says.

Bearded ladies have a specific resonance - which, IMHO, may affect how some people see your CDing.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Tamroi
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Tamroi »

Anthony, just what is "the specific resonance"?

It is fine that a beautiful Diana Riggs impressed you when you were 13.
Mick Jagger impressed me and still does.
Going off topic is great but why is there universally nothing on topic?
I guess it's too close to some bone.

Davis Bowie's various motives seem clear enough but that is beside the point.
The point is that a very large number of people have highly approved of him dressing in his own ways.
Same for me.

I am not a bearded "lady".
While most other guys are wearing tattoos or pants to their knees under prominent bellies,
I am a guy wearing a skirt and nail polish.
I have found that it is popular for me as it has been for Bowie and Jagger,
and so I have been trying to suggest it to people here
who seem immersed in embarrassed make believe.
apparently confusing unattractive old women with pretty girls.