Boy Meets Girl

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Boy Meets Girl

Post by Anthony Simon »

This is a new show on BBC2 in the UK, a comedy drama about a TS woman and a somewhat younger man. I liked it - it was broadcast earlier tonight. Basically it's the "love conquers all" theme remade from the TG point of view - like you got a whole slew of films and dramas with "love conquers all" remade from a gay point of view maybe 20 years ago (e.g. My Beautiful Laundrette).

In terms of comedy drama, the actual frame they used - of lovable families with lovably (somewhat) dysfunctional characters - was pretty saccharine. The stuff between the two protagonists was (I thought) quite truthful - and the female lead, Rebecca Root, very good.

The reason I liked it was I think they somehow got the balance right. Maybe that's because the actual topic is pretty tough and you need to throw a lot of reassurance at the audience - hence all the lovable characters. Or maybe I'm just a big softie. Anyway, I don't know:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... -episode-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Re: Boy Meets Girl

Post by DonnaT »

Sites like BBC2 are location specific and will prohibit viewing by others in different countries.

These prohibitions can be legally bypassed, however, using, for example, tunneling programs.

Google: web tunnel proxy
DonnaT
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

You're right, Donna. :(
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by April Rose »

This is very interesting! I tried to load Anthony's link as well, and got the same result. So I Googled "Boy Meets Girl" and came up with a trailer for a new American film of the same name, also a transgender romance. It looks like a good movie too. I think I am going to come out to everybody. It is starting to feel like "T" time in the western world! \:D/
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.