On meeting a girl for the first time at her place...

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Eileen (SO)

Re: On meeting a girl for the first time at her place...

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Do you think that everything on FB is 100% true? Very few women would meet a man under these circumstances. Unless they have no self esteem or are a total sl*t.
Dack wrote:If anyone has suggestions about how to proceed with this in the coming weeks it would be much appreciated.
Yes, I have a suggestion. Run Away!

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Didn't you know the internet is the bible of today Eileen? ..|/- After all everything there is 100% true, right? :^o

Dack the only advice I have to add to Eileen's comments is run faster!
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Thank you, Diana! A big smooch in your direction <> There are women that would love a CD as a partner, including myself. (Although, way back when, this situation was the furthest from my mind). Primarily, we want a man first.

The 'to good to be true' scenario you've described so far has not had a good ending.

Eileen
Mikaela
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Mikaela »

sigh.....I worry about the ultimate outcome here.....
~~You can't ignore who you are forever. Once you start on this path, you continue to walk forward, even if you stop for a while.~~
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Dack,
Don't let your emotions get in the way of common sense. Instead of a CD loving girlfriend, let's pretend you wanted to buy a puppy. Sounds strange, but follow me.

A seller has a puppy like the type you want, but 'forgets' to respond to text messages. The seller won't give a home address or meet in public, only a hotel room. No friends are allowed to visit where the seller lives.
See the obvious problem here? There seems little chance that meeting this 'woman' only on her terms would come out very well.

Find a CD meeting group and socialize. You never know who you may meet.

Eileen
Sarah Beth
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Beth »

I can understand her reluctance to give you, an online stranger her home address just as well as I can understand you wanting it for safety reasons. I think you should meet in public in drab and see how that goes. I wouldn't rush into going to some one I just met house and dressing in their clothes. If after you meet in public a few times then ask about a good hotel near her place where you can stay so you can spend more time with her and get dressed for her. My experience in the past has told me that a lot of people are not the same in person as they are online and a lot of times when comes time for the reality of meeting people don't follow through.
"It takes all kinds of kinds"
Miranda Lambert
Hanna
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Hanna »

I'd like to add my two cents.
Be careful be wary.
That being said, last year I met a younger girl(23), from a Craigs List ad. I stated I wanted to meet someone, strictly platonic. We emailed a few times and set up date , time and place.
We wound talking, walking and getting coffee at Starbucks. My first time out in a restaurant.
I wanted her assistance and words of wisdom about my dressing. She was a great help. She stressed not overdoing makeup, and having a good attitude, whether I totally passed or not. She was a huge confidence builder and friend. We never did anything sexually or romantic, kissing. We did give each other a big hug. Turns out she thought she always should have been a guy. And so she down dressed quit a bit and could pass as so.
End of story we saw each other a few more times, had dinner out at nice , but casual restaurant.
Which went very well, totally boosted my confidence 200%.
Probably a good thing we no longer see each other, could destroy my marriage.
So take it easy, you could have a wonderful meeting.
Good luck to you.