Outrage!

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Outrage!

Post by Anne Bonny »

http://www.someecards.com/news/lgbt/sha ... woman-tsa/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Trans woman forced to explain to irate TSA agents what the 'anomaly' in her pants is. by Matt Nedostup. This makes me so angry, that people can single us out and then proceed to persecute us without consequences. Same hatred Caitlyn Jenner faces all the time. This is why we do not go out in public. No we hide in a deep dark closet or stay in our homes even afraid there someone may "catch us." Sure it is up to us to find courage, to push our second guessing ourselves to the back of our mind and to forge ahead...right but it really means even today that careers, and jobs and spouses, and families, and friends, housing, even our ability to pass un hindered through society are all taken from us just because this is who we are. For the religious out there even a so called loving being condemns them and tortures their conscious.

I don't know where I am...gender fluid... yeah but I have been living mostly on my male side ... It is easier, there is a very strong mental and very real pressure on us to conform. we face disapproval, non acceptance and rejection by everyone because we feel differently inside than other men ... or women.... It has always been nearly impossible.
Go with the flow
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Re: Outrage!

Post by DonnaT »

Most TSA agents aren't like this.

I think this one agent had a problem with her, and wanted her to "admit" to being a "man". The others just backed up their team mate to hopefully keep him from getting in trouble.
DonnaT
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

Right, most TSA agents are not bad, and hopefully this one got a talking to later on.
I travel quite a bit and never had any trouble. This seems to have been totally blown out of proportion and I don't know how it could get to this level without a supervisor stepping in and straightening it out. I haven't been through Orlando in decades, but at least in MSP one can request a private screening so it's totally irrelevant what the imaging devices show. This really sounds like one agent being a jerk for no good reason.

I had one kind of amusing situation in Allentown PA once. I'd been selected for a random pat down, and the TSA guy who was going to do it was nervous as h#!! about it. He was trying hard to be polite and respectful but seemed like he was scared to touch me, or scared he would get in trouble if he did something wrong, or whatever. The other TSA agents weren't helping him at all - I don't know if he was the new guy and they were putting him through the wringer, but they seemed to be amused by his discomfort as well. I go through ABE occasionally so many of the TSA agents there know me anyway.

The best time though, was once in Houston. As I approached the ID checkpoint the agent watched me with no particular interest. Then I handed her my boarding pass and ID (which identifies me as male), and she got a bit of a puzzled look on her face. Then she looked at me again, looked at my ID again, looked at me again, and after about the third time decided that I was in fact the person in the picture. Then she just smiled and said "have a good trip" as she handed my stuff back. I was pretty pleased with myself, that I looked good enough to get a second and third look from her.
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Well that's good to know. If I ever decide to travel by air dressed suppose I should not be too concerned then.
Go with the flow