trans teen was voted homecoming queen

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Kelly Marie Ross
Miss Silver Goddess

trans teen was voted homecoming queen

Post by Kelly Marie Ross »

saw on my fb trending bout westboro was picketing the trans teen voted homecoming queen, found a vid of her and shes smokin hot shes in kc mo which is like 3 hrs from me http://attitude.co.uk/watch-transgender ... lassmates/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Deidre Taylor
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: trans teen was voted homecoming queen

Post by Deidre Taylor »

Yes Kelly she is a very attractive young lady, not sure how she would feel about your "smokin' hot" comment though. Those of us who have struggled with gender identity want to be accepted as the gender we see ourselves but like most women are not crazy about being held out as a sex object. Well at least in public. :oops:
Kelly Marie Ross
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Kelly Marie Ross »

i know if i looked that cute i would hope someone would think that about me
Trudy
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Trudy »

I have to agree with Deidre here Kelly. Still your smiling hot comment is well based, she is a very pretty young lady. When I read about events such as this I hope it is a sign of a level of acceptance of girls like us and not just some silly prank by a bunch of mean spirited teenagers.
Sarah Beth
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Beth »

Congratulations to her and to all of those of who supported her there at Oak Park. What caught my eye and what I didn't see in the article that was in that link is something I find heartwarming and worth cheering about.

The westboro picketing refers to a supposed church in Topeka Kansas that has been listed by the government as a hate group went to picket and protest at the crowning event for this girl but were met by overwhelming numbers of counter protesters and driven away. I think it shows so much more about the support for this girl and her transition that they would do that.
"It takes all kinds of kinds"
Miranda Lambert
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Wow! Why not, she is pretty and feminine, sounds as if she was a cheer leader and has been involved in traditionally feminine activities. There appears to be no animus she was in the running and was elected. Some may not approve but if a female were to participate in male activities then they should have the same opportunity. It is not about being male or female, it is more about being involved and excelling in an activity. I think it's a good thing. Society needs to change and to accept that we are out there, it is just in our genes.
Go with the flow