Looking in the mirror! Are you more into yourself...

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Lacey Hadley
Miss Emerald Goddess

Looking in the mirror! Are you more into yourself...

Post by Lacey Hadley »

When dressed as a girl as compared to as a guy?

I think most of us when dressed up to whatever level of CDing are probably more into our look than when we dress as a guy. For us we live our daily lives as regular guys. Some of us may be more blessed with better looks and a better build, some of us may have better style and money for such style as guys, but I think most of us are more into looking at ourselves when dressed up.

When I dress fully enfemme as Lacey I feel compelled to look in the mirror and to soak up Lacey in my mind. I study her as a girl may but I also see her as a guy might and see if she'd be attractive to my guy side and to guys in general. No, it's not a gay thing, though IMO whatever floats ones' boat. But when dressed up I want to see Lacey as I'd see another well dressed and well made up GG. The male in me is still there even as Lacey takes centre stage. I see in Lacey the way I love to see real girls look and dress. It's an odd feeling as a guy and a crossdresser but a pleasurable one for me.

Being a CDer and one who will fully dress gives me a different mind set and set of eyes to see things and the way to look and feel by looking at Lacey be it in a mirror or by taking many photographs of Lacey. I love photographing Lacey but very rarely photograph my male side, ODD but INTERESTING! :-k
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. Ayn Rand
Noeleena
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: Looking in the mirror! Are you more into yourself...

Post by Noeleena »

Hi .

From what im reading here is really about The look. how one is looking ( at ones self ) what you look like how you percive your self , and looking at ones self when dressed up. and the mirror what you see . a thought that comes to myself is taking or having others take photos of your self .

WOW..... and along with this is of cause how others see you and how they percive you and does this include how you interact with others though manly with women .

So when dressed as a girl as compared to a guy, for myself this has no meaning at all ,
yet i see another part or side . that does effect me in many ways .

most , well many women do think about in a way some of what your saying more for those of us who for many reasons cant dress or look as pretty as many guys i know do, we have issues about our bodys size shape and so on , and i know many and about them and the reasons ,

Many after a make over do look lovely and that helps them in regard to self esteem self worth and confidence in who they are , just because we are females does not make our life easy so i,ll use look pretty .

I know some of my women friends when i showed them photos i,d taken over sea,s at a week end trans /dressers do and they 4 of thought they thinking they were women were dressed quite lovely and said they did not dress like that much if at all unless going to a Ball or some other do ,

So they were shocked when i told them every one was a male , and i got some good lovely shots of them ,

so yes some of us struggle and know we are not pretty ,

When you were saying about your male side and being attractive to guys , as dressed up i thought you,d have to be kidding if that was ever reffered to me ,. a friend said to me a few years ago i must have made a very handsome looking male . i said yea maybe , had i been a ...real one...

I may not be good enough or pretty enough to walk the cat walk , I can at least do thier photos ,

...noeleena...
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Huuuummmm what about simply.... If you don't like your guy persona, why would you take pictures of it or stare at it in a mirror? I much prefer to see me pretty (or handsome) and that's when I will take a picture or have a picture taken. I am less likely to be handsome and so there are far less pictures of me drab.

Now that mirror... that mirror lies... to everyone... the way they want it to lie... A picture on the other hand tends to present a more realistic version of ones self. When I am looking in a mirror it's most often ulitarian. Is my slip showing? Is my hair where it's supposed to be, will I not scare the public? Yeah once in a while, I'll look into the mirror and hope someone pretty peers back, but I have settled for me looking back.
{squeezes}
Davita
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

Looking in a mirror means different things for me when I'm dressed up and when I'm not. All I really want to see when I'm dressed up is a woman looking back. I'm not really that concerned if she's particularly nice looking or not. It's a terribly charged thing and matters to me a lot.

"Do I look OK?" is mostly what I think about when I look in the mirror as a guy. I guess my guy side gets so much space, I take him for granted. But my woman doesn't. So, any time she comes up, it's special. Which is like saying I ought to let her out more.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Trudy
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Trudy »

Back in the good old days when I tried to do male I rarely looked in the mirror as what I saw staring back at me was not the person I felt I was. Now at 65 looking in the mirror can be as scary experience but at least I see the true me!
Sarah Beth
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Beth »

When in male mode I am not as particular as when I am in fem. Still I don't like to look at myself a lot when I am in fem mode because I never look how I want to look. I always am disappointed that I don't look more different than I do. Maybe that is just the self critical in me but when I am done doing my makeup and look in mirror I never see the me I hope to see.

I have hoped that some day I could get a professional makeover done and see what that does for me. There is no where near where I am to have that done and it seems like if I get somewhere where it would be possible I never have the time to do it. I am envious in more ways than one of those who live in places that are larger and less conservative than the backward area I live in.
"It takes all kinds of kinds"
Miranda Lambert
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

Sarah Beth wrote:I have hoped that some day I could get a professional makeover done and see what that does for me. There is no where near where I am to have that done and it seems like if I get somewhere where it would be possible I never have the time to do it.
I think you're going to have to try to make time, Sarah. Otherwise t'aint going to happen.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

I think no matter who we are we want to look our best whatever gender is up and running...who except some kind of mental case wants to look shocking, ugly, or their worst.

When femm Of course it is very pleasing to see that I actually look nice! Allowing my hair to grow really helps and I have acquired and built up make up skills over time, talking to women speeds that process because they have been applying make up since they were probably 8 or 9 years old. And of course talking to more than one woman helps...they are always helpful to me.

The correct foundation is important and I got help on that lately to find shade that is very very close if not dead on. It just takes time and practice.

I think your profile picture looks nice! I see no problems with how you look and you are passable too I think...If you are big...it helps me to know that I would need heels to get me up to the height of some ladies and they would still be larger and taller than me!
Go with the flow
Valerie
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Valerie »

I love looking in the mirror at times. Mostly it is to see how nice Valerie looks. She has many fine outfits and I enjoy seeing how nice she looks. I know she doesn't get out much and I enjoy the times she does.
Valerie

Never think you know everything; there is always someone who is smarter.