I've dropped 25 lbs

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

LiliSaxx

I've dropped 25 lbs

Post by LiliSaxx »

Yes! I have never had a full makeover and I wanted to get in shape before I did. I have the opportunity to live this dream when my spouse takes a weekend trip early in December. I live the the Los Angeles area and if anyone has suggestions of the best CD friendly salons please, please, please let me know. Thanks so much
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: I've dropped 25 lbs

Post by Davita »

Every salon is friendly. Your question should be who will do the best job for the money. The customers won't care you're there and the staff is going to treat you just fine. I'll lay odds no matter where you go they have other "guys" and you might even see one.
{squeezes}
Davita
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Davita is correct, money talks and that is why salons are in business whether they are the run of the mill beauty salon or transformation salons catering to the transgendered community. With the internet you should be able to find and research salons in your area and through sites like YP and Facebook read comments and reviews from customers who have been there in the past. That should give you a start. Do be careful when reading reviews as they don't always tell the whole story either way. If possible word of mouth is the best recommendation IMO.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Kelly Marie Ross
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Kelly Marie Ross »

davita is not correct, o sure they will do the job they want money and they may not say anything in front of your face but u know there gonna talk and call us names to other people, or the customers could call you names right there also but if ur hell bent on going to a saloon id call up and see how cd'ing friendly they are
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Sounds like Kelly has had problems. Sorry.

As for them talking behind my back? Ask me if I care as long as I continue to get good service. I'm not there because I want them to like me. I'm there because they earned my money. As for bad customers? Every place has those; an a**h** is an a**h** in a store or on the street and how the salon takes care of any conflicts with the customers is also part of the whether you return. Again, I'm not there to make other customers like me; I could truly give a s**t unless I feel threatened.

I've been to salons where they have regular guy customers and some have us girls, but they take care of their customers.

Calling ahead as Kelly suggests, can't hurt regardless.
{squeezes}
Davita
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Congratulations on dropping 25 pounds! I have lost 56 lbs and have kept it all off it is now over two years and I will never go back!! If you want to look and feel feminine being at your correct weight or even slightly under is one of the big things you can do, along with feminine grooming, and allowing your hair to grow longer...

I had my first pedicure on Christmas Eve the oriental manager was shocked when I asked the price then asked if I could have it done now. She stated Oh...I thought you were going to buy one for your wife, as later on a man did come in for that purpose but I was way to the back but clearly visible in the salon chair. She was even more surprised when I asked if color were included...Yes...and then on taking my shoes and socks off and seeing she asked...do you want the same color? Yes.... I love red.

The lady she had do my feet did not speak but a word or two of english! so I talked with the customer and the manager doing her feet as she was talking about encouraging her daughter to go into the medical field as an RN I was able to chime right in and be encouraging as I gave information which was accepted...It was so wonderful to experience fitting in such a feminine environment.
Go with the flow
Trudy
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Trudy »

Congratulations on the weight loss. Having struggles with my weight during periods of my life I know what a struggle it can be and how rewarding it feels when you reach a goal.

I have been out forever, well since the mid 70's, living near San Francisco back then gave me opportunities many other girls lacked back then. Even in those early days I generally found that most businesses were more interested in my money than what was in my panties. Sure there were exceptions back then and even today but for the most part I never had issues. Actually many smaller shops and salons welcome girls like us as we spend well, generally are open to the latest trends, and as my hairdresser says and my manicurist agrees we are good tippers.

Like many have said check for reviews or ask your friends for recommendations. I have heard that up to half of online reviews are phony so read those with a grain of salt. Still it does give you somewhere to start.
Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martha G »

Congrats on your loss of weight.

I am 5' 5" tall and weigh in at over 200.

Since I already make a very passable woman,If I got my weight down to around 145 lbs I could get so many nice clothes. Wound be able to cross my legs at the knees like women do.

Would really improve my appearance and truly look like the woman I would like to be.
I AM NOW A WOMAN- I FOUND MYSELF