Wow...watching CNBC Financial Channel and saw Ina Fried!

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Wow...watching CNBC Financial Channel and saw Ina Fried!

Post by Anne Bonny »

Ina Fried (born December 17, 1974), formerly Ian Fried, is an American journalist for Re/code. Prior to that, she was senior editor for All Things Digital and a senior staff writer for CNET Network's News.com.[1][2] She is a frequent commenter on technology news on National Public Radio, local television news and for other print and broadcast outlets.

She transitioned M to F. It is inspirational to see her talking with Kelly Evans and the other members of the panel and no one batted an eye!!! Last year I noticed a CEO who was interviewed another M to F person!

We are out there and some of us are at the top of our field and are fully accepted. For myself sitting here eating my chips in male mode kind of inspires me to go change...I let my immature sons influence me...but nah I am just in male mode right now - I am gender fluid...Cool thought I would share it.
Go with the flow
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Wow...watching CNBC Financial Channel and saw Ina Fried!

Post by Diana Michelle »

While I am sure Ina Fried is happy you look up to her because of her being TG and in the spotlight. Still she would probably be happier if you recognized her for her status as a quality journalist and then as an after thought added "Oh by the way she is also TG."

Those of us who have been through the struggles, the journeys, and to use a trite phrase "earned the t-shirt" didn't to what we did to be looked up to as role models or pioneers. Yes we were and all of us to a person are happy that the community today has it better perhaps because of what we endured in the past however that is not why we did what we did. We actually did it for selfish reasons, we did it for ourselves!

Yes go ahead and admire, recognize and applaud Ina for what she went through but more so for what she became and is. I am certain that would bring a bigger smile to her face.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon