Did I just hear that correctly?

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Emily Rose
Miss Crystal Goddess

Did I just hear that correctly?

Post by Emily Rose »

Some back-story: I was married twice before I met my current wife. The first two wives expected their husband to be a very manly man. They might have thought the Marlboro Cowboy wasn't masculine enough. My current, and hopefully my last, wife knows all about my feminine side. She has helped me choose the name Emily, encourages me to love myself for who I am, and helps me shop for clothes. She'll tease me sometimes in a very kind, loving way--little inside jokes, whispers in public about a cute outfit someone is wearing, etc. We have been together for three years and got married last spring. So, on to the topic discussion.

I think it would be fun to share times when we heard something that sounded like a CD/TG related issue, but really wasn't. Please tell the first thing that went through your mind, and your reaction to it. I'll go first:

During our first year of dating, my wife mentioned to me that her cousin, and the cousin's husband, were having a "Gender Reveal Party." The first thing that went through my mind was, "Which one is transgender, and am I going to be outed to the future in-laws?" When I realized it was to reveal their unborn baby's gender, I was very relieved, then went into a giggle-fit. My wife and I now smile and wink every time we hear "gender reveal."

PS - My son and his fiancee are having a gender reveal party for their baby in two weeks, and now I'm wondering how they'll really know the gender until the baby is able to talk. :)
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Re: Did I just hear that correctly?

Post by Anne Bonny »

It is very nice to know there are women out there who are willing to have us as a partner, be loving, accepting, encouraging, supportive, and helpful...I have a friend like that but she is our sitter a very nice lady. I know there are many many people out there who are just like that but trying to find a new partner who is also like that once my wife is gone...um...and at 58 I am not as young as I was though I take very good care of myself.
Go with the flow
Emily Rose
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Emily Rose »

I know, but there's someone out there for you. When I had all but given up on women, I met my wife at work. One day she made a comment about her past that let me know she is a very open and accepting woman. It helps that she a few years younger, too, and grew up in a more accepting time and place.
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Our sitter is like that...such a wonderful person but she is pentacostal! cares for her divorced husband's aunt, and has huge family entanglements. She is not at the same social level either...she is working class, non professional, no retirement or education beyond high school, and is just entangled Nice...exceptionally nice lady very accepting and supportive and helpful but you have to know what you want and be able to think with your head and not with your heart. I am able to marry and be successful in marriage with many people but I know I do need someone why is not so entangled with family ties so WE can have fun and travel and enjoy our retired life, someone with her own retirement who is not living hand to mouth to survive requiring me to give money to help other family from time to time or her when funds pinch which I have done because she always pays me back and I do like helping her but do not want that in marriage, and also her interests .... she follows popular culture on the TV...she is not at the same intellectual level I am so that would clash as well. I am not putting down lower or working class...It just would not work because I live and function at a different level socially and intellectually. Sounds snobby but it is not that way at all, we are just at different places in life...different levels of existence, with different interests...just would not work. I would be very hamstrung and frustrated. No you have to know when something would not work and it would lead to differences and frustration and trouble as time moves on...that is thinking with your head...not with your heart. My heart could accept her but does not consider all the problems that are there.
Go with the flow
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

I was in JC Penny one Christmas season, in the nightgown area, and overhear a young girl tell her mom, "we should get this for dad!"

Was she kidding with her mom, or was her dad trans? We'll never know.
DonnaT
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by April Rose »

I sold electronics for years. It raised my eyebrow the first time someone asked me for a "gender changer."
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.