TV programmes

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Debbie
E-mail address not valid - Contact Admin

TV programmes

Post by Debbie »

Morning ladies! I'm just watching knots landing dressed like one of the ladies in it. I was just wondering what programmes or films you girls like to watch? I love the soaps like dynasty Dallas and knots landing the clothes were stunning! But my favourite is probably friends as I like jennifer Aniston and base my look I on Rachel.charmed too I'd a favourite as us ghost whisperer.which are your favourite programmes to watch during girly time? Regards Debbie
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: TV programmes

Post by Davita »

My girly shows tend to be the cartoon movies... I like sweet and fun. For fashion tips, it's the news and weather ladies.
{squeezes}
Davita
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

I don't really watch shows to check out the fashions, but Ghost Whisperer was one.

The recent X-Files had a trans woman in it. And she didn't get killed! :shock:
DonnaT
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by April Rose »

I'm with Davita on this one. I'd love to look like a TV news lady.
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.
Trudy
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Trudy »

While shows like Dynasty and Dallas showcased the fashions of their era that is not the fashions of now. I agree with Davita and April that the news ladies and weather "girls" are great fashion icons for the younger generations. Being a more mature girl I look at them and say to myself "if I were 20 years younger and 20 pounds lighter yes, but not today." I do enjoy watching Downton Abbey and fantasizing about what it would have been like to be a woman back then. It was a whole different scenario for women back then.
Estefania
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Estefania »

Hi Trudy and all.

Hey, We have been binge-watching Downton Abbey the last few weeks. Done with season 3. Love it! Oh yeah, and still have a soft spot in my hearth for "Sex and the City"...

Gaby
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Debbie wrote:I was just wondering what programmes or films you girls like to watch? I love the soaps like dynasty Dallas and knots landing the clothes were stunning!
I never cared for Dynasty in the 80's, but when each season was being released on DVD a few years ago, I would order them in and watch each episode with the girlfriend.

I was hooked, even more than she was, LOL!!!

I had suggested once that we go out as Blake and Krystle Carrington for Halloween. She said back to me that no, she should go out as Alexis and that I should go out as Krystle! ..OO.. I suppose the thought went away just as quick as she had mentioned it, because it was never brought up again. Darn it. :P

But my favourite show of all time has got to be Friends. I too love Rachel's look.

I also loved Curb Your Enthusiasm. Cheryl Hines always looked so well put together, and just in a regular, every day look which I find much more appealing than anything "sexy".
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Its funny that IMO the TV series that are worth watching over and over are long gone. :( I remember Dynasty and yes that is how we dressed back then. Sure some of the shoulder pads are a bit over the top when you look at them today but that was the fashion. Another of my personal favorites was Cheers and if you watch that one you will see the differences in fashions from Shelly Long's more casual and everyday style to Kirstie Alley's power suits.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon