What Dressing Does for Me

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Genevieve
Miss Crystal Goddess

What Dressing Does for Me

Post by Genevieve »

I'm on the road and have been having trouble concentrating on finishing a project.

I got up early this morning, put on a pair of silky pantyhose, bra, heels and satin robe. I sat down at the desk and got more done in an hour than in the last five days.

What is it about dressing that gets my creative juices flowing?
In a world where you can be anything, be unapologetically fabulous in your high heels.
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: What Dressing Does for Me

Post by Anthony Simon »

I can't answer for you, but I know a regular thing for me is getting dressed up and then finding, at some point, an idea comes in my head - and then I know, that's it, time to get out of the clothes.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Jina James
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Jina James »

Interesting.

It would have had the opposite effect on me. I'd have gotten no work done at all.

Isn't the variety of the human condition amazing?
Paulette
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Paulette »

It's like a putting on a rubber clown nose, or a comedia d'el arte mask. The usual blocks and restrictions don't work as well, and you are more free to do things you might otherwise censor yourself from even thinking of. Doesn't mean the quality of the result will be better, that it will be without major flaws, or that anyone else will appreciate it. Just check it thoroughly and then let it sit for a day - but only a day. Any more than a day or two of down time and your unconscious censors may figure out how to block you entirely.

Good Luck!
~ Paulette
~ just lucky, I guess.
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

Paulette wrote:It's like a putting on a rubber clown nose, or a comedia d'el arte mask. The usual blocks and restrictions don't work as well, and you are more free to do things you might otherwise censor yourself from even thinking of.
If you put on women's clothes, it is a particular role. One more associated with receptiveness and listening than the male one. So then your mind is more free to float about among the random associations and senses out there - and, as a result, bits of you get hit that wouldn't otherwise be.

It's an active passiveness. And then you get sort of mental babies.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Paulette
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Paulette »

One of my dearest friends, Robert Nelson, the Butterfly Man, passed away two years ago.

In speaking of his life as a street performer, he said that people who had heard of his well-earned reputation as an aggressive and abrasively funny man were always surprised to meet him and find that he was actually a very nice person. People who only knew his stage name were sometimes frightened and confused by this person they'd hired. But he loved rolling with it, walking into a room with these two butterflies tattooed on his bald scalp, and seeing half the crowd edging away and half curious about who this interesting madman could be. (Look him up on YouTube.)

He got the name by accident - the tattoos came later. He found that until he walked on stage, or claimed the pitch or the front of the room, he had no idea what he was going to say or do. He just had faith that, regardless, they probably weren't going to stone him. At least not immediately.

And then this glorious, angry, smart-mouthed curmudgeon who was instantly able to connect everything he'd ever seen or heard or read about, came rushing out to play with the crowd, and with the children as well as the adults, and the old people as well. He really liked people, and they could tell. So they liked him back. (Few things are funnier than an outrageously angry man, spewing his spleen, and cracking up at his own outrage - and then going right back into it.)

I was never close to that good, but I knew where that freedom came from. So when I put on the face, and the hair, and the bra and forms, and the hose and panties and dress, I am free.

Be free. Have no expectations. Open all your senses.

And be here, now.
~ Paulette
~ just lucky, I guess.
Kelly
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kelly »

The creative juices were always flowing, just not surfacing. There was something in the way.

What was in the way was the need to put on some hose, heals, and a comfy robe. Once that was accomplish, nothing in the way. The juices surfaced.

No?

Kelly.
I thought a CD was something you stuck in a computer
Marissa Mae
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Marissa Mae »

I too find that dressing makes me more creative. Adds a whole new fund of energy.

Maybe it is feeling that you are really yourself now.

Marissa Mae
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Genevieve wrote:I'm on the road and have been having trouble concentrating on finishing a project.

I got up early this morning, put on a pair of silky pantyhose, bra, heels and satin robe. I sat down at the desk and got more done in an hour than in the last five days.

Perhaps the trouble you were having was because you were thinking of being dressed? Concentrating more on the hose, bra, heels and your robe than on your project? :-k Once dressed, your mind is at ease, you can relax and allow the ideas to flow...

I'm often bringing work home with me. Before I start, I need to be dressed (in appropriate office wear. of course). Always helps me accomplish the task! Plus brings a smile to my face the next day when presenting the report...!! :)
AmandaD
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by AmandaD »

I think it's about being at ease, I know for me, I feel out of my skin when I'm out of my natural element which is feminine, so when I have to dress as him, I''m not at peace with my inner-self and that brings about conflict with my being.
Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martha G »

Dressing puts me at ease. I get rid of all of my stress.

It also makes me look younger and feel younger as well.

I enjoy feeling like and presenting myself as an attractive mature lady. It allows my feminine personality to come out and to thoroughly enjoy it.

I really enjoy dressing as, acting like and presenting myself as a woman.
I AM NOW A WOMAN- I FOUND MYSELF