Jim Bailey on the Carol Burnett show

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Jim Bailey on the Carol Burnett show

Post by Anthony Simon »

Like a lot of people here, I suppose, I trawl the internet for stuff about CDing/female impersonation etc. So Jim Bailey was a fairly amazing exemplar and I've just been looking at his stuff to see how he converted his male face into a variety of female ones.

This has led me to look at his videos (there's one with a shortened version of him doing his makeup). For some reason I kept coming back to this one (partly, I think, because I craved the dress and the hair):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h2gYb_Y6jM

The way Carol Burnett kept hanging onto him, with their arms interlocked, kept coming back to me. In the end I decided she was saying, in this physical move, that she thought he was precious. And then it occurred to me that people out there should see us in something like that sort of light is just what we crave.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Re: Jim Bailey on the Carol Burnett show

Post by DonnaT »

He was good!

Died last year
DonnaT
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Jim Bailey on the Carol Burnett show

Post by Anthony Simon »

Yeah, he was only 77.

I don't know, I guess this is a bit crazy, but the extraordinary level of what he did - like such a voice, some of his amazingly convincing impressions - seem to kind of break the bounds and give him an afterlife.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.