thoughts on this wig

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Kelly Marie Ross
Miss Silver Goddess

thoughts on this wig

Post by Kelly Marie Ross »

Some of you know which wigs im looking at what bout this one

http://www.amazon.com/Costume-Culture-W ... dhead+wigs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Noeleena
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: thoughts on this wig

Post by Noeleena »

Hi,

Well lets see . one its synthic and will be shiny so will stand out and some colours will do that so if your going down the street or under some lights it will show more , and that's okay ,

I do for our Edwardian group will wear my wig its long quite nice and do get nice comments sort of an autumn colours so does not look like a synthic wig, and down the streets or any where , so that's only for our group as its inkeeping for what we do other wise ,I don't wear them .so check the colours under different lights ,

Now as I,v not seen a photo of you I can not tell if it will suit you or look right, your facial tones shape and if you have makeup on how much and colour lippy and clothes all have a bearing on the look your after , I dress smartly elegantly and not so much for age as I don't though if you see me in my different styles and so on youd have a good idear makeup can make or break it, myself no make up at all ,as in my photo,

...noeleena...
Kelly Marie Ross
Miss Silver Goddess

Id basically be wearing this round the house as I don't see myself going out but maybe one day
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

I love the colour!
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

It says: "100% Other Fibers"

It doesn't say synthetic, nor does it explain what the other fibers are. I'd give it a pass.
DonnaT
Noeleena
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Noeleena »

Hi Kelly ,

That's okay and even if you did go shopping or other well I wont say all would bother looking to hard or think to much about it though I know a few would , still does not matter ,

There is another detail I did not say about oh don't try die,s on it that's not what I was going to say ,

What I have done is try and keep the hair colour ( wig,s ) as close to your own colours as your eye brows as it looks natual , though I have seen some and women who it looked all wrong ,

...noeleena...
Kelly Marie Ross
Miss Silver Goddess

Got it ordered
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Kelly Marie Ross wrote:Got it ordered
:thumbsup:

Noeleena wrote:What I have done is try and keep the hair colour ( wig,s ) as close to your own colours as your eye brows as it looks natual , though I have seen some and women who it looked all wrong ,...noeleena...

True... so very true. I thought I could go blonde... noooo, I can't. But I suppose it's all just experimentation - finding out what works (or what doesn't).
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Lexi wrote:
True... so very true. I thought I could go blonde... noooo, I can't. But I suppose it's all just experimentation - finding out what works (or what doesn't).
So very true Lexi. While many girls here associate being blonde with being sexy (and as a blonde I thank you for that :lol: ) not everyone looks good as a blonde or a brunette or a redhead or whatever. The best bet is to work with your skin tone, eye color, and natural hair color and you will find the color that looks best on you. I have a friend who has naturally dark brown hair and it looks great on her. Over the years she has been just about every shade and color you can imagine and yet when she goes back to a color close to her own with just a few highlights in it she looks her best and youngest.

As for the original question about the wig in question the term "100% other fibers" throws up a red flag to me. Sorry about the bad pun. I suppose if this was just to wear around the house it might look OK however I question how it would feel on your shoulders, cheeks, etc. I understand costs can be a major consideration to many girls but I would look a bit longer. IMO I would probably avoid any wig with the word "Costume" in its name.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Kelly Marie Ross
Miss Silver Goddess

Since u brought up eye brows redheads have to color there's in. If not it looks like they don't have any. This is a starter wig im sure u girls didn't buy expensive stuff off the bat