what i saw while shopping

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Mary Margaret
Miss Crystal Goddess

what i saw while shopping

Post by Mary Margaret »

hello all.
i thought i would share what i saw in my local shop last week.i was walking behind this mature lady she was wearing a nice jacket and skirt nice legs and flat shoeS. my eyes followed to the hem line of the skirt and there was a ribbon of black lace just visible she was wearing a slip full or half i will never know but it excited me and brings me back to more gentle days when these sights were an every day sight.
as it happens to day monday i have the house to my self till to morrow and as its still cold here in dublin i am wearing several of my full slips under my satin robe and enjoying the thrill and what lies ahead later to day.
i would like to wish all on the forum happy easter and dont forget to wear your bonet with your nice dress on the day.
regards
MM.
Mary Margaret
Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Re: what i saw while shopping

Post by Alisa »

It was probably a half slip. Sigh... I have quite a few half slips in my lingerie dresser but not a single full slip. I remember borrowing a full slip from mom when I was younger but they don't seem to be in fashion now.

Random thought... If you wear a full slip, how many wear a bra under the slip? I seem to recall that the one I borrowed oh so many years ago had built in support for the girls but browsing online I don't see that same support.

Anyway Happy Easter Mary...

Ps... Check this out on Pinterest. This like is kind of cute - Your slip is showing!
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

I've got lots of slips from the UK chain Marks & Spencer. They have US website which lists some:

http://www.marksandspencerlondon.com/us ... ps/#page:1

Actually the ones I've got aren't there, but still. Their firm (or light) control slips are probably better described as shapeware (I have some of these).
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Alisa »

OMG... This almost exactly like the first slip I ever wore. Only difference was the it was much shorter... it was the late 60's. Thanks for the link Anthony! Hugs Alisa
Wendae
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Wendae »

Alisa...I love full slips and have 3 a white, black and a maxi white. I do wear them with a bra. The only problem I have is the straps slipping and I have to tuck then under my bra straps. Women in Florida don't seem to wear slips or hose because of the heat and humidity. I don't have that problem as I stay in a/c environs. It is a bitch walking to and from the car tho. <>
I believe I was a lesbian in my past life
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Odds are it was a half slip as that is what most women always wore under skirts and pretty much all they wear today. I know I have a couple of full slips somewhere in the drawer but to be honest I can't remember the last time I wore either of them. To be honest I think I may have worn a half slip maybe once or twice in the past year. Lined skirts and dresses don't need require them and it is definitely cooler and more comfortable without one.

Yes Alisa many of the shaper slips today have built in bras, many of them are sold by bra size, so a bra is not necessary. Back in the old days they used to sell bra-slips, a full slip with a bra built in. Again they were sold by bra size and eliminated the need for a bra. Had one or two way back when but as for the traditional full slip I suppose if one were young and still "perky" the bodice in a full slip would work however I have never gone that way.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Alisa »

Hey Diana Michelle,
I just tried a pretty skimpy dress (currently in the Photo gallery) and I did not wear a slip. I felt a little exposed but don't have a slip that would work with a figure hugging dress. I thought a full shaper slip would be the best option.

Hugs,

Alisa