so i told my girlfriend tonight

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Re: so i told my girlfriend tonight

Post by Anne Bonny »

I thought once I was married it would all just go away...thinking...well you know there would be relations. Thing is there is more to it than that. No it did not magically just go away...most of us are hard wired and you will probably find after a time it will not leave you alone and you will find yourself wanting to dress when she is not there so that you can hide it all.

I would say your ability to never dress again, with or without counseling will be slim and none.

I believe the correct answer to her would be that I am sorry this is part of who I am inside I am not able to stop it would be like telling my heart to stop beating, or my eyes to stop seeing, or my brain to stop thinking, or my lungs breathing.

For probably 99% it is impossible they would live a tortured existence which would eventually lead to an explosion of dressing or worse.

Most people are not able to understand what it is to be transgender, they believe it is just something we do that can easily be given up...nope...it is who we are. You would be wise to tell her you are not able to stop being who you are and tell her you will have to find someone who understands and accepts you for all of who you are. Save you a lot of grief and you will probably be much happier in the long run.
Go with the flow