Red Dress Run

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Sarah Beth
Miss Emerald Goddess

Red Dress Run

Post by Sarah Beth »

I was a show on TV this evening which took place in New Orleans and they were participating in something called the Red Dress Run. I looked it up to see if it was real thing or not and it is. It is an annual event in New Orleans as fund raiser for charities. I also found out there was one earlier this year in Lexington Kentucky and there is one coming up in Phoenix on April the 9th.

This is something I could ever do unless they decided to have one someplace a lot closer to me but I was thinking it might a great fun way for some of those who closer to these cities to be able to get out, in a dress and help raise some money while enjoying yourself out in the world In a dress.

google reddressruns for more information
"It takes all kinds of kinds"
Miranda Lambert
Paulette
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: Red Dress Run

Post by Paulette »

Red Dress Runs also take place in most major cities in the US. Just not advertised except in LGBTIQ . . . circles, often for fear of straight reaction or interruption. I believe some Euro communities also do it.
~ Paulette
~ just lucky, I guess.
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

:lol: , living in N.O. for over 30 years I seen it more then once. A guy in a dress is a great fund raiser for everyone and nobody cares how great you look or how bad, just a fun thing ^@^
Sarah Beth
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Beth »

Paulette,

Thank your for adding that I didn't realize that it was that widespread. From the website I looked at it was just something that was started by this group of runners who get together at a bar and run on weekends. Of course the fact that I don't live anywhere near any major city and am not a member of any of the LGBT groups because there are none close to me might have something to do with that.

It just looked like it might be fun chance for some of those like me who wouldn't venture out otherwise. Also, just because the majority of those other's are not putting any effort into looking nice doesn't mean one can't.
"It takes all kinds of kinds"
Miranda Lambert