A Fun Conversation with My Daughter

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Emily Rose
Miss Crystal Goddess

A Fun Conversation with My Daughter

Post by Emily Rose »

I had a great conversation yesterday with my 11yr. old daughter. She was reading a book in which the characters have to wear school uniforms. She asked me what the big deal is--why uniforms are important. I told her the obvious reasons. They are an equalizer because everyone dresses the same no matter how rich or poor they are, and they create a standard of dress so nobody comes to school in a belly shirt and see-through leggings. She said in her book, the characters can choose between dresses, skirts or pants. Here's where the conversation became priceless. She asked if there are any schools where boys are allowed to wear skirts or dresses for their uniform. I told her I recently read about some where that is being allowed, and that if I were a student there, I'd wear the skirts. She laughed and said, "Anyone who knows you really well like Mom and I would know that, Dad." I love my daughter.
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Re: A Fun Conversation with My Daughter

Post by KimberlyS »

Sounds like a good conversation with her. Good to start young.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

``5
DonnaT
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Ha! Seems that you have everything right. I kept it from my sons until they were 18 or over and acceptance...well really more tolerance than acceptance but they tell me it does not matter to them, still one prefers and does not want me dressing when his friends came over or his fiance...well both are now out starting their own lives so it's no longer an issue as I sit here fully femm...as my gender bears...I can dress every day all day if I choose to now even go out.

I think it means she will fully accept you and does right now - that's wonderful.

*bears is kind of a nautical term as in "Fire as she bears!" but I'm a pirate.
Go with the flow