Kristen Beck...Wow

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Kristen Beck...Wow

Post by Anne Bonny »

I just watched the Kristen Beck story...Seal Team 6 and Transgender on netflix under gay lesbian films.

I served 20 years as an officer 5 Navy, 15 Air Force as a military RN...BA, BSN, MSN, Diabetic Educator CDE, and a certification in Ambulatory Nursing. 1 deployment.

Beck's story is inspiring. Wow.
Go with the flow
Janet Bern
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: Kristen Beck...Wow

Post by Janet Bern »

Great looking Seal
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Re: Kristen Beck...Wow

Post by Anne Bonny »

Her life long struggle like Caitlin Jenner's, and like all of us led her into multiple deployments into very dangerous fighting in which she was really not concerned that she might be killed because of her inner struggle with her gender. Gee...all I can complain about is my being edgy and sometimes angry and hostile at times. After she retired she came out and started living as Kristin openly it has not been easy for her. She was separated from her wife and children but may have reconciled? I hope so. She made a run for congress in Maryland against Steny Hoyer I believe but was not ultimately successful. She also prior to this per the movie wanted to open a place for recovering veterans (in Florida I believe) to come but she sold that probably to run for Congress?? She remains active in her assistance to Seal training with some acceptance and with the push for transgender people to serve openly in the military. During my service though I may have had my toenails painted or wore panties occasionally under my uniform it was Don't Ask Don't Tell!! you did not even give a hint and kept it all to yourself the risk being you could be medically boarded.
Go with the flow