Thinking about a makeover...

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Thinking about a makeover...

Post by Alisa »

I've been to Amanda Richards (True Colors) a couple of times and it was such a great time and she is a lovely woman. She has a very large selection of clothing and shoes to try on but only sells wigs. I was thinking of going to the Glamour Boutique in Fairfield, NJ because they have a consulting service, offer makeovers and have a wide selection girl stuff for sale. They come very highly recommended. The problem is that it like a 2 1/2 drive.

I recently found a place in Havre de Grace, MD called Trans Spa by Jacki. Seem to have the same kinds of products and services as GB but it's less than an hour drive. I have not contacted them yet but was wondering if anyone has ever been there or shopped online?

Hugs,

Alisa
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Thinking about a makeover...

Post by Davita »

Check Yelp to see if anyone has posted a review. Also Google the place to see if any place else has written anything.
{squeezes}
Davita
Joan Grey
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Joan Grey »

As far as I know, GB in NJ doesn't do makeovers; you can make appointments for a fitting or pick up orders there, but no makeovers. I think there's an affiliated store in Vegas that does makeovers (GB2?), and I believe TG Fashions (I think there's either a loose or former affiliation there) in Auburn, MA, does also. I've seen the website for the place in MD, and I'm also tempted to take a trip down there....
Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Alisa »

I did ask the oracle (giggle that's the google) and the Trans Spa seems to have good reviews on social media outlets and youtube. When I searched for the address I got some results that were - well of concern! Apparently the spa is inside Jacki's Intimate Boutique which is an adult accessory store. I'm not that much of a prude that adult sex aids are out of bounds but the location apparently operated under another name that was listed on a Gay Cruising review site and they talked about these rooms that are usually associated with seedy establishments frequented by sex perverts. Funny that that would put my girly antenna up and on high alert. Anyway, just wanted to check with others about recent experiences.

I have been in contact with David from GB NJ about a makeover and he assured me that they can accommodate but warned that they do not currently have the services of a professional photographer for a photo shoot!
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Yeah...agree there. If I were to seek out the services of a make over I would want to find one serving women but which is also TG friendly you do not want to come out of a "Make over" with oversized glue on eye lashes, flaming red eye shadow with glitter all over it and red red lips with blusher the color of cherries. I am not about drag I am about being who I am which would be fitting in with the mainstream women who are like myself in age and style...less really is more.
Go with the flow