shopping for clothes

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Janet Bern
Miss Platinum Goddess

shopping for clothes

Post by Janet Bern »

Went to the Jersey Shore Outlets today. I went looking for bras and Thigh-hi stockings. I was en drab but underdressed.
The first shop I went to was the Hanes Bali store.
I am 6'3 with long legs so I picked out the Hanes Silk Reflections silky sheer thigh highs size C-D with reinforced toe.
Then as I looked around the bra section the SA cam over and asked if she could help. I told her that I was looking at
2 types of bras and that I was a size 40. She helped me look over the one type and we chose 2 sizes and asked if I
would like to try them on. I said yes and that I like another type of bra that was in a separate area. Selected 2 of
those and she took me to the dressing rooms. I tried them on and while I was in there she brought another and asked
how I was doing. I said I was not quite sure of the fit and I opened the door and she came in and checked the fitting.
We decided on one of the bras. So I purchased them with the stockings.
Afterwards I went to Soma just to browse and saw a pair of soft legged Panties called "Soothing shorts"
the SA said I could take both sizes home and try them on and bring them back if they didn't fit. I said
I would be happy to try them on here. She said "great; just go back and pick a dressing stall". So I tried them
on and found the XL was very comfortable and dressed again.. I went to here and told here I would take the XL. as I was
checking out the other SA said check the second pair may be 1/2 off. It was so I took both.
I am writing this to let anyone that may be nervous aobut trying on clothes that you may want. Don't worry about it!
It is easy once you feel you belong there...Good luck
Rikki
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: shopping for clothes

Post by Rikki »

What a fun time!

Rikki
Be safe, Be frilled
Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Alisa »

Good fit and BOGO is always a great shopping day... way to go Janet! ``5
Mikaela
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Mikaela »

Excellent. I too have never had an issue shopping. May even so some tomorrow. ;)
~~You can't ignore who you are forever. Once you start on this path, you continue to walk forward, even if you stop for a while.~~
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Yep :)...I was in Payless for some more substantial sandals I saw online just a 1" wedge kind of a flip flop but with a strap and buckle to hold them on. the Female associate came down the isle and asked if I needed help I told her I was looking for some sandals and that I crossdress...she said she would be back but never came back they did not have it in a size 12 meaning I would have to go on line and place an order as I was leaving she was standing by the cash register and I stated I would have to go online as I left.

I imagine she thought I was a creep pervert? That is the prevalent view among the general population of young women, like the one who did my pedicure...they do not say or let any of those thoughts show but they do not really have to say anything you can pick up on it...kind of sad...they become more matter of fact, make plastic comments, and do not tend to really relax and do their best. So I am glad you had a much different experience in your part of the country.

Not all of the people here in the deeep south are secret backside holes but hum...maybe in time it will change...hope I am not dead and gone by the time it finally does.
Go with the flow
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

Not all of the people here in the deeep south are secret backside holes but hum..
yeah, and they're not all in the south either. So that would be the last time I ever went into that Payless, and the last time I went to that nail salon. The great thing about capitalism is that every business has a thousand competitors.

Like the situation with Target. A while back I'd decided I was bored with Target and wasn't going to shop there much anymore, and planned to cancel my RedCard. Then the whole North Carolina Bathroom Bill thing happened, Target announced their policy of allowing all people to use the bathroom they are most comfortable with, and now there is some boycott against them. So Target just went way up in my opinion, for their policy and I'll make it a point to shop there instead of other places.
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Haven't been to Target in a while...hum...
Go with the flow
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Ralitsa I will agree, Target is supporting us, we really need to support them.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Sarah Beth
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Beth »

Janet

I'm glad you had such a wonderful time with your shopping. I wish I lived somewhere or near somewhere where that was possible for me. Just the way you right about the experience tells how much you enjoyed that.

Now on to the Target boycott that was mentioned in some of the posts. I looked to see if there was a petition somewhere to show support for Target. I would be happy to sign that one. I like Target and I will be sure to shop their more often now. It sure beats wally world in my book.
"It takes all kinds of kinds"
Miranda Lambert