Maria Bartiromo

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Maria Bartiromo

Post by Anne Bonny »

Maria Bartiromo said she ate dinner last night (5/12) with Caitlin Jenner who talked about her 65 year struggle to live her authentic self and Maria was very positive and supportive of Caitlin. This is so encouraging because it reveals that we are breaking into acceptance by the mainstream of society. I mean those who are gay or lesbian have achieved a general mainstream acceptance by many many many people in our society who have come around to recognize our sexuality and now that our gender too is not set by the sex on our birth certificate. This is the beginning of our society slowly evolving learning, realizing, and the beginning of acceptance is slowly growing. Soon there will be a wide swath of people who will stand up when someone slurs us out of our presence and step up to correct our detractors and to set them straight as that begins to happen I believe we are going to see our entire world begin to change.

The wonderful thing to carry away is that the world is beginning to change for us...acceptance, recognition, and support for our being allowed to be who we are in society, in public, in the work place, in housing, everywhere! That it is no longer a fantasy or some delusional dream it really is happening!!!!

Maria Bartiromo? So what? Well this was on Fox Business and she discussed this with Oh...The Reporter from Alabama who lost her husband last year...oh...what is her name? Oh well. The real significance of this is that these are not women on the extreme fringe of the left side of the political spectrum these ladies are moderate to right of center on that spectrum and that is something to make me sit up and take notice because we are talking about our whole society here not a small fringe segment on the extreme left end of the spectrum but main stream! That is exciting and wonderful!
Go with the flow
Alexis
Miss Crystal Goddess

Re: Maria Bartiromo

Post by Alexis »

I found your post to be so very true and hope the T part Of LGBT continues to be more accepted as time goes on, and as people see we are just people trying to be what we are inside.
By the way how does one get our photos to show on our posts?
Alexis
Paulette
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: Maria Bartiromo

Post by Paulette »

Anne Bonny wrote: . . . The real significance of this is that these are not women on the extreme fringe of the left side of the political spectrum these ladies are moderate to right of center on that spectrum and that is something to make me sit up and take notice because we are talking about our whole society here not a small fringe segment on the extreme left end of the spectrum but main stream! That is exciting and wonderful!
I'd be cautious here. Strongly hierarchic-oriented people, as the FOX news people tend to be, respond very positively to rank and celebrity regardless of their politics. Cait is primarily a celebrity: no longer a world-class athlete, but the ex-spouse of a major celebrity, and now a celebrity in her own right. And Caitlyn has already established her political leanings on the air, and they closely match those promoted by FOX.

So I'd guess that regardless of what she said, the FOX news team would be inclined to approve or support her. I somehow doubt they'd do the same for you or me, or your local tranny sex worker.

Still, they gave her sympathetic air time and respect. And for a group like FOX, that's significant.
~ Paulette
~ just lucky, I guess.