THE OFFICIAL: How did you choose you name?

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Denice
Miss Silver Goddess

Re: THE OFFICIAL: How did you choose you name?

Post by Denice »

My name came from the tag on the scrubs I bought for my job in the medical field. According to the Urban Dictionary it means

"A Denice is a very caring, loving, affectionate, honest, trustworthy, awesome, amazing, and smart person. A Denice would give anything to make someone else happy. A Denice is sweet and funny and makes everyone smile by showing off her beautiful smile. She is very tall and gorgeous! Anyone who doesn't want a Denice must be slow in the head or just plain stupid!"

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Denice" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Something to aspire to.

Another take on "Denice":

The name Denice is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Denice is: Feminine of Denis or Denys from the Greek name Dionysus.

http://www.sheknows.com/baby-names/name/denice" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's been said that I'm a fair man with a bottle.
MaryEsther
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by MaryEsther »

Quite simply, my mother's first name, although she used 'Maureen' normally, that being a shortened version.

M.
Eris Lunara
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Eris Lunara »

I thought about what I was trying to say with my name.

Eris is the goddess of chaos. Certainly we bring a disorder to the rigid binary of gender expression. Lunara refers to the moon. The moon has always been a feminine symbol, plus I like walking at night by the moon.

I guess my name would kind of translate into "chaotic moonlight" I like that...........

I got the whole idea from someone who goes by "Moonmaiden"
Lauren
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lauren »

Not exactly sure why but for some reason one of my early role models was Lauren Hutton thus Lauren. My original middle name was Oliver after my father. In a way his passing was what got me to actually take the steps to become the woman physically I was born so to honor him I chose the feminine Olivia as my middle name.
Some people are going to leave a mark on this world, while others are going to leave a stain
Eleanor Roosevelt