THE OFFICIAL: How did you choose you name?

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Samantha
Miss Emerald Goddess

Re: How did you choose you name?

Post by Samantha »

Well girls, this is so new to me, and like others I was suspicious and scared of this site at first. I tried another site I couldn't even remember and I'm not sure if it even registered me(I hope not). When I registered for this site I was nervous, and when it wanted this information Samantha popped into my head, and now I'm be-witches, and loving it! I can really say my name and it sounds so womanly sexy lol. I don't want to be a woman either, but the dressing, makeup, and thinking as a woman is really fulfilling. I dance one day a week and they encourage a femme side, and a masculine side in interpretive dancing. It is so liberating, nonjudgmental, and just perfect for the way I feel. So, Samantha it is, and watch out or I'll bewitch you! <>
Lacey Hadley
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lacey Hadley »

Samantha, have no fears, we are all on similar tracks as cder's. Reading many of our stories I see many similarities. You have a lovely smile and show a glow in your photo.

IMO most crossdressers do not want to become women, we each have a side to us that is feminine. Some of us more deeper others less so. I am one who generally wears some female clothes under male clothes to keep my femme side at peace. But I must also dress up more fully and usually up to and including hair and makeup at times. If I were to deny Lacey of that I'd go nuts. I'd be miserable and probably resort to booze and drugs if not end my life. I don't know why I do this other than it's just a part of me, cding is and being Lacey is a feminine outlet.

So fear not Samantha, we all likely know very much how you feel and have had and still do many similar fears and thoughts. :yes:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. Ayn Rand
Samantha
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Samantha »

Goddess, thank you for the compliments. This is my first attempt at a look, I'm scheduling a makeover and counseltation next month. Your pretty hot and free yourself girl! I agree, there's just something about wearing a night gown or pj's curled up in a chair watching a chick flick or reading a book with a glass of wine. I'm going with a longer wig too. I think that will help. Getting the walk down good with heels. Been practicing at the malls, while studying others and their walk,plus mannerisms. I don't know why I'm becoming so serious about this..., it's an adventure!

Samantha <> <> <>
Samantha
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Samantha »

..., also I'm open to constructive suggestions to enhance my look! Thanks.

Samantha <> <> <>
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

Have you thought about a wig?

Edit: That should be a longer wig, now I read your posts more closely.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Samantha
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Samantha »

Thanks bill and ted, I welcome your suggestions, and totally believe your right. I just picked this up at a costume place because it was cheap. Now I'm ready for the real thing, not that this is not quality it is it's just a bit too short.

Samantha <>
Penelope Carol
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Penelope Carol »

As children my brother, my sister and myself were an inquisitive lot and one day we got around to asking what my brother and I would have been called if we'd been born girls. My mother told us that she and my father had decided from the start the name of their first daughter, which was ultimately given to my sister, who was born last. We were told that any second daughter would have been named Penelope. Carol is the name I used as a child while secretly pretending to be a girl. I just liked it.
Samantha
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Samantha »

I believe we all love your name, and you mix femme! Thanks for sharing Penelope...

Samantha <>
Samantha
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Samantha »

Anthony, do you like the new look? Longer wig and not blonde,, this hair is blended browns and I'm growing to love it.

Samantha
Samantha
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Samantha »

Anthony, do you like the new look? Longer wig and not blonde,, this hair is blended browns and I'm growing to love it.

Samantha
Lacey Hadley
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lacey Hadley »

Samantha wrote:Anthony, do you like the new look? Longer wig and not blonde,, this hair is blended browns and I'm growing to love it.

Samantha
It suits you very well Samantha. Finding a hair style that suits one's features and character is a great way to round out a femme look. ``5
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. Ayn Rand
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

It's difficult to tell from one photo, but I think that may be your length and colour. I think there's a nice balance with your face shape etc., Samantha.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Samantha
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Samantha »

Thanks Anthony and Lacey...

Samantha <>
Sarah Beth
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Beth »

For a long time, with my dressing being furtive and hidden I didn't even think about having a feminine name. Even after wife found out about it and we resolved that and she was more or less on board with it I didn't have a female name for myself. Then one day I was chatting with someone I had met on yahoo who was also a crossdresser and was asked what name I used when I was dressed, and I had no response to that. Later on that day I was thinking about it and it came to me that I should be Sarah. The reason for that was the first woman who had a major impact on me in my life (other than mother of course) was Sarah. She was the one who first dressed me completely, the first one to put lipstick on me and the first one to not judge me. It's a long story about it all and I won't go into it but I spent many happy hours with her dressed as a girl.
"It takes all kinds of kinds"
Miranda Lambert
Ms. Erin
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Ms. Erin »

To me it was like keeping the same sounding names. My parents choose my names 53 years ago, and I wanted them to be the same in their honor so to speak.

Erwin Paul became Erin Paula.

And after I came out to my mom I told her my first name is Erin, my mom told me to make my middle name Paula, she told me that would have been my name if I was assigned female at birth.

Simple, plus my signature and abbreviations are the same. So not to many legally changes are involved.
I am a woman of trans experience.