THE OFFICIAL: How did you choose you name?

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Samantha
Miss Emerald Goddess

Re: How did you choose you name?

Post by Samantha »

Erin, I think it's admirable your keeping your name close to your given name. How special and amazing your mother giving you the name she named her daughter..., that's you Erin. Your her daughter, and she loves you. Your amazing, and your mother is someone special.

Samantha <>
Victoria K.
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Victoria K. »

I enjoy playing role playing computer games and play a female character! so the name Victoria poped into my head and its been the name i have used since living my female side! :)
Spreading the love that the world desperately needs and being true to yourself. ❤
Stephanie M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Stephanie M »

Mine just came to me, it lacks creativity because I just took the feminine of my birth name, Stephen, but I felt since she was coming from within me it made sense for us to share a name.
Well, we all have a face
That we hide away forever
And we take them out
And show ourselves when everyone has gone
Sarah Rene
Miss Emerald Goddess

Re: THE OFFICIAL: How did you choose you name?

Post by Sarah Rene »

When my sister helped me become a girl she told me I needed a girl's name. She told me that had I been born a girl the plans were to name me Sarah Rene. I thought it was cute so that was my name. Neither Rachel or I have ever figured out where it came from as neither are family names, Guess they just thought it was a nice name.
Joan Renee
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Joan Renee »

mine like some others is close to my birth name john. i feel as if its a fem version lol
i don't wear women's clothes. i wear my clothes as i am the one who purchased them.
i'm not ashamed to dress like a woman. because i don't think its shameful to be a woman.
-Iggy pop-
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

I never really thought about it much in the beginning but after a while my sister who knew told me I needed a girl's name. I thought about it for a second and blurted out Heather. Not sure where it came from but it sounded cute so Heather it was. As time went on I decided to use Jean for my middle name as that is my mother's name.

After I came out to my mother the subject of "what would you have named me had I been born a girl" came up. Mom told me I would have been Rachel Jean. Sweet name but that time I was Heather in my mind so I never changed. At least I got the middle name right. :)
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Since my parents had named me as well as my brother and sister with "D" first names I wanted to stay at least somewhat in synch. I wanted something not too crazy but also something not too common. I thought for long and hard and then one night it hot me "Diana." My middle name was the feminine of my given middle name. Or was my given middle name the masculine of Michelle? :lol:
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Amanda R
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Amanda R »

Mine was easy. After my mother finally digested the bomb her then 15 year old son had dropped on her and accepted she was now going to have two daughters we talked about names. She told me had I been born a girl, it took her a bit to understand that I was but she didn't realize it then, she would have named me Amanda Rachel. How much easier can choosing a name be?
"We may have all come on different ships but we are in the same boat now."
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Georgia

Post by Georgia »

Hi, Girls and ladies.
I am thrilled to be back home after a few years of Serotonine or something other chemicals dwingling.....
My name is simply the feminine side of my male name (too obvious ?) .
Georgette was the alternative, so wonderfully frilly or childish.
My Lady name make me shiver, yes, when I deeply feel my feminine mood, fully dressed, heels and wig and makeup.
I would like to be in front of my computer in full apparel writing about me, but ...... family problems don't let me show my second nature.
Hugs and kisses to all my ladies.
Georgia
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Hi Georgia, You look very nice. We do share a masculine name that is very hard to feminize. I do know a Charley Martin who kept her name after her transition and is known as Charlie Martin on the French Racing circuit...she is wow...you would have to see her absolutely gorgeous! So I had the same thoughts but our name is such a hard masculine name to feminize...Georgia...Georgette (I remember some sitcom...Mary Tyler Moore or Golden girls) ...and of course George-Anne. My choice is to go with Anne and as I chose it I have kept it permanently as you would with any given name.

I was at one time deep in the closet even at home but I was able to and have over the years slowly been able to crack that door open and today I am on the verge of coming out all the way. Once you begin to open that door your life will improve exponentially for you and you will look back at it as being the best thing you could ever have done for yourself. It is very difficult but my wife was intelligent, laid back and she loved me, we loved each other and our marriage was solid...past tense ...Alzheimers and total care now.
Go with the flow
ReneeElizabeth
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by ReneeElizabeth »

there was a girl in my grade school named renee and i thought she was really pretty, i had crushes on a lot of girls i went to school with, when i had my first complete transformation into a woman at cd tips, i wanted to use renee, but the owner lynda said she didn't think the name suited me, but the name remained lodged in my memory, was just two months ago i finally decided to heck with it, i loved the name and i was going to use it no matter what, elizabeth i'm not sure where that came from but the two names together sound so good - the name sounds like it belongs to a very beautiful woman, and of course i love dressing as a beautiful woman <oooo>
AileenT

Post by AileenT »

I originally used the name Chrissie, because there was a girl in school that I always had a crush on and wanted to be like. Then a few years ago I met a woman in cyberspace and eventually told her about my feminine side. She loved it and embraced it, and we'd go through catalogs picking out clothes for me, and we also had very sexy times together as two women. In so many ways, I melted with her body and persona. Her name is Irene, and so I told her to call me "Aileen" and it's stuck and has a lot of power for me. I still dress and feel like Chrissie a lot...slim, pretty, athletic and sweet.
Be who you are, every moment.
Janice
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Janice »

When I was thinking for a feminine name for myself, I remembered an ex girlfriend, named Janice, who when she found out that I liked wearing panties, gave me pair of her panties as she knew I liked to wear them especially when we were having a special time.
It was a few years later when I started to wear other female items of clothing that I became "Janice".
Annie
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Annie »

I was stationed with Annie when I was in the service. She was one of the kindest people I have ever met, the kind of person that would do anything for anyone and was always there to help. She went home on leave for month and was killed in an auto accident. Like most it just popped in my head the first time someone asked what I wanted to be called.
Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are- Benjamin Franklin
Crystal Joanne
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Crystal Joanne »

Amusingly enough when I was born, my Mum wanted to call me Chrissie after my Gran. Did they know something back then I wonder? :lol:

In the end she settled on Chris after my Dad, Uncle and Granddad pointed out that I'd be mocked for life. You know sometimes I wish they'd kept it, might have been easier to accept myself earlier despite all the childhood misery it would most likely have caused. Regardless for a long time I chose a different name but I always felt that because that name was too different I was keeping a side of myself separate. Much later I found my own clarity and started to understood myself. Crystal made sense, a beautiful part of myself that was long kept in the dark but was now at last starting to shine. Sounds silly I know because at the end of the day I really just like the name and if people want to shorten it to Crys, that can work too but I still prefer Crystal.

The Joanne part came later and it's a name I always liked and it fits the J in my middle name. So CJ might be my given name but even when I see my initials on something like my bank card, I still think Crystal Joanne. Much harder to keep myself in denial that way!