The Official: How To Get Understanding/Acceptance From An SO

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Stephanie M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: How to gain understanding and acceptance from a SO

Post by Stephanie M »

In case you were wondering my wife does look better than I do in the dresses of mine she tries on, but I enjoy wearing them more. :mrgreen:
Reminds me of an incident a long time ago just after I had moved in with my s/o... She needed pantyhose. She had none, but knew that I did. So, of course she asked if she could borrow them. Of course she could! In a laughing way, she said that she never thought she'd ever be asking to borrow pantyhose from her boyfriend.
:lol: I'm sure my wife has said and done things with me that she never would have dreamed of doing.
Well, we all have a face
That we hide away forever
And we take them out
And show ourselves when everyone has gone
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Lexi wrote: Did I push too hard? Did I expect too much? But like most times, (and I mean no disrespect to any GG) woman is upset and man is left wondering "what did I do?". :huh:
To anyone that does not feel the need to live or dress as other than their born gender, cross dressing is baffling. Just my perspective, accepting is different than understanding. I can accept, even embrace, but since I don't share the urge that drives a CD, I can't possibly fully understand.

Unlike family or friends, a CD husband is one a wife is intimate with. CDing may be fun or amusing for some time. A wife may at some point just decide to want a 'normal' life, where all the women's clothing is her own. Having a CD husband can be lonely, we can't discuss what he does with anyone but for forums such as this one, or meetings.

An accepting wife or SO may be a treasure (taking a curtsy here) but she needs to be constantly assured that she is the woman of the house. A delicate balance that reaps great rewards in love, respect, and harmony.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Ah Eileen...I can say My wife and I had many shared interests and friends outside of this part of my world. We walked beaches, enjoyed intimate meals, sailed, and drove and met up with friends who would have had no idea about me, many family get togethers...If they ever had been informed I would have been persona non grata, banished in total disgust and angry rejection and revulsion....Sad isn't it? We shared so much together, went on long scenic drives enjoyed driving through the dunes and the blowing sea oats and the pretty driftwood with the gulf occasionally in view later with our sons in tow in the back seat on our way to visit an historic fort at the mouth of Mobile Bay...or Santa Rosa Island...staying as a family in a condo for a few nights right on the beach with a balcony...or to the Outer banks of NC. How I will miss her.

Ours was not a myopic life centered only on this part of who I am. We each had higher education and our individual careers as Nurses she taught at the university level, we traveled all over, over our 25 year run. Hannible MO, St Louis and the arch and zoo and art museum, Hot Springs, Eurika Springs and the pig trail, Oklahoma to a nature preserve to see Eagles, and Buffalo, and prairie dogs, The Alamo and the Riverwalk for dinner, So many places...Key West, Cocoa Beach, the parks, and Tampa St Pete...better stop or I will begin to feel sad at what will be no more. Not saying she has died, but effectively in my mind it is a sad thing.

Yeah I may be gender fluid but most of the time we had a very normal and loving life fading now...nearly gone.

Oh...and I should add that none of any of this was done cross dressed, not my career (Military) not at work had to be very private only at home or my career would have been over in a heartbeat, nor much of my time at home I am very sensitive when acceptance is really grudging tolerance with an understanding that I could when the boys were not at home, and we were in private, and she was ok with it,but certainly not on our travels especially with our children...well...can I say 100%? No panties...nothing at all...I can't remember...well in one instance perhaps a couple times late into our marriage about the 12 year mark when we were away and the boys were not with us and we were staying at a hotel she let me shop and helped me purchase a couple dresses to wear in the room perhaps. But mostly no. My dressing tends to come on at home but I am primarily a husband or...was and sadly not anymore. She is not gone yet but effectively and objectively she is only really a "presence" who is totally dependent and total care largely completely unable to say anything inteligible, there is a rare word but what is stated is most likely only a reflex response to the questioning tone with no reasoning behind it, I doubt she knows who I am, fairly certain of that but I tell her frequently I am your Husband...X...I love you P...
Go with the flow