Breast forms

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Shelby
Miss Emerald Goddess

Breast forms

Post by Shelby »

Where do you purchase inexpensive breast forms? What are the best kind and how do you determine the right size for your body?
How do you remove your chest hair in preparation of taping on the forms?
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Re: Breast forms

Post by Carol Ann »

Keay,

Hon you will find forms are not cheep [-X , just do a search for "breast forms" and price them.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Hi Keay

How do you remove chest hair? How do you remove it from your face? How do you determine the size of the forms? That's based on the brand you get. They will provide instructions for sizing on the site where you plan to buy them. iIf not the brand's web site will have instructions. No it doesn't matter than you have a boy chest and the forms are for women.

I'm sure there are old threads in this forum that go into details about others' experiences with getting forms.
{squeezes}
Davita
Shelby
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Shelby »

Just wondered if you used a hair remover (Nair) or if you shave as you alluded to.

*** Post edited to remove redundant quote, as per: http://crossdressers-haven.com/forums/v ... 65&t=10059" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - SL
Ashleykal
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Ashleykal »

Keay
Cheap breast forms ($60-80) are just that. They do not have the feel and weight of the more expensive silicon forms ($150 +). As an alternative you might like to consider a "nubra" conbined with a push-up bra. You can get a less expensive version from Target ($20). It is basically a self adhesive shell which adhears to your breast tissue. When you pull the two halves together and clip them, they pull your tissue together to give a cleavage. This is stabilized and enhanced by a push up bra. You will need to shave your cheats and degrease with soap or a surgical wipe, there are videos on Utube showing how to do all of this. I am wearing this in my avatar. I have tried waxing my cheast, it hurts a bit and gave me a spotty cheast for a while, shaving is easier.
Ashley
Shelby
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Shelby »

Ashley, thank you very much for the helpful response; you look great in your photo BTW.

*** Post edited to remove redundant quote, as per: http://crossdressers-haven.com/forums/v ... 65&t=10059" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - SL
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Not all gals use tape, Keay. My guy/gal wears a sturdy bra and shaves only the neck and chest area that shows.
Don't waste your money on cheap forms. As far as size, unlike genetic women, you get to choose your cup size. With the average man's larger chest, bigger forms still look proportional. Consider C cup breasts on a very petite girl, they look huge. The same cup size on a large woman seem small for her.

Take into account your body size and what type of woman you see yourself as. The cost of forms are a minor investment compared to all your bras and clothing are bought to fit the size you choose.
It's worth the effort to experiment with thrift store clothing and cheap bras filled with seed or something like that, to find your comfortable cup size. Use the sizing charts available on line for forms and clothing.
Unless you're dressing for personal pleasure, the intent should be to dress as a passable woman.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Shelby
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Shelby »

Eileen thank you for the thoughtful response. My wife found a place where we can go and they'll do a professional fitting for me. Strange, under normal circumstances there is no way I would go into a store to have that done but, when my wife asked me if I would do that I said sure; no hesitation.

I think the difference is knowing I have her full support; in some ways I think she's having as much fun with it as I am. I am a very lucky man.
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Indeed, you are a very lucky gal, Keay. As is your wife.

Young girls learn make up and fashions from each other, now she can relive her youth by helping you become a pretty woman. If you're going to wear woman's clothing, she wants you to look your best.

Having your most intimate soul mate for support during a fitting, you'll feel wonderful! Keep in mind that mastectomy forms may cost more, although they are pretty much the same. I could be wrong, never had to buy either.
You might want to consider pocket bras to keep the girls in place.

Eileen
Angie G
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Angie G »

Tri The breast form store comI goy my forms 2 years ago foe $100. I just shave my chest
(--)
Angie
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

http://www.thebreastformstore.com/breas ... aQodjfcKvg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hubby's cost much more than $100, grrrr. Since they have lasted 10-12 years now, I guess that's ok.
Choose carefully.

Eileen
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

I have gotten forms for $60 a set at a store closing sale, they were very nice mastectomy forms. Gotten some on ebay for $40, not very good, but worked for starters. Got some for $60 on ebay that were ok, used them around home and sleeping in, they allowed to try out a larger size. Both a nice set of mastectomy forms online for $130. See a lot of mastectomy forms for $200 plus. So prices all over. The mastectomy forms are the best for feel and movement, but the cheapers ones let you try out sizes.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Shelby
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Shelby »

So, a little update; my wife and I stopped by the Glamour Boutique (Auburn, MA) during vacation and we purchased some breast forms. The brand / style I bought weren't sized like some of the others but, I essentially bought 400's (?). I also got a pocket bra size 38C (I think).
I don't think these are the high end type that some of you have mentioned because our total bill was pretty inexpensive (I forget the exact amount).
So for quite a few days on vacation I was able to wear these in the evenings; felt "interesting" and something we both had to get used to. On two of the nights I taped them and that actually felt better as they were more connected to my body.

I have also heard that you can use a spray adhesive which might even be better as I read that it secures them better and holds the edges more secure than tape; anyone have any experience with the spray adhesive? I also saw a youtube clip for something called Skin Tac? Is that something you can use or does that just rejuvenate already used tape?
CharLee
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by CharLee »

Keay,

I use a spray adhesive to hold my forms to my body all the time and it helps keep them in place without shifting. It also allows you to go braless if you so desire and to sleep en femme without a bra. By using the adhesive your forms adhere to your body thus becoming a part of you and giving you the sense of having real breasts.

I will say that when removing your forms you might experience a bit of discomfort and a adhesive residue might remain on your body but will not be difficult to remove. To lessen this effect it pays you to have a clean shaven chest when using the adhesive.
Joan Grey
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Joan Grey »

Some say to use a medical adhesive to attach breast forms, but that can get rather expensive, as a small can is often $40 plus! Back when I had forms (before the last purge), I found a far cheaper alternative: 3M Super 77 Multipurpose Adhesive! I evenly sprayed it on the back of the forms and allowed them to get tacky, then simply pressed the forms on and held them firmly for 5-10 minutes. They stayed on very well, and when it was time to remove them, I used Goo Gone, applied liberally around the edges, slowly peeling and applying more Goo Gone as I worked them off. Both applying & removing each took about a half hour. Of course, having a hairless chest is recommended....