Punxatawnee Phil

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Debbie Jean
Account Deactivated at Member's Request

Punxatawnee Phil

Post by Debbie Jean »

Happy Groundhog Day everybody!
Well, I guess Punxatawnee Phil saw his shadow this morning, So I guess that means 6 more weeks of winter. I believe that only applies to Pennsylvania, not to "up north" or to the rest of the country either. Up here we have only two seasons--winter and road construction. Us "up nort" natives like it that way. Four seasons are just too many to keep track of, owing to our limited mental capacities. Living on the frozen tundra has its advantages though, ISIS simply does not want to come here. No self-respecting terrorist would want to live here! So why do I stay here? I don't like terrorists.

hugs,
Deb
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Re: Punxatawnee Phil

Post by DonnaT »

With all the clouds that were overhead, there was no shadow to see. But 'tis the season for alt-facts.
DonnaT
Debbie Jean
Account Deactivated at Member's Request

Post by Debbie Jean »

Huh? Saw it on TV this A.M. Definitely saw shadow. I suppose it could have been a clip from a previous year, or maybe it was right on and what you saw was an old clip. At any rate, I guess it doesn't really matter if it was factual or not. Just one of those fun things I guess.

hugs,
Deb
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

It sure wasn't winter this weekend. I was skiing with my kids in the Poconos, and it was in the 60's. Horrible weather for skiing. Snow was all slush and one get's hot and sweaty just thinking about doing anything. I find that -10F is about the best temperature for skiing and snowmobiling. It's just cold enough that the snow is nice, and you don't get too hot, but not cold enough to be uncomfortable. But at least there was snow, thanks to the blizzard that went through a week or two ago, I was worried about that.