Boosting Endorphins for natural euphoric high and happiness

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Boosting Endorphins for natural euphoric high and happiness

Post by Anne Bonny »

The closest thing to "Soma" the drug mentioned in Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World" to bring on a prolonged euphoric high and a feeling of happiness and well being with out any negative side effects...In Brave New World the government distributed it en mass to keep the masses happy and blissfully satisfied...that would be ominous, dark, and well... evil. But with modern life and with circumstances in life that can occur it is easy to find yourself in prolonged situations which are overwhelmingly oppressive with no end in sight. Under such conditions you have to fight to maintain your sanity. Even so as the fight goes on mentally it is very tough. It is easy to maintain health and fitness but the mental battle is much more difficult. Enter...endorphins....Antidepressants can increase your risk of dementia, can lead to weight gain and other horrible side effects such as agitation and irritability and more... Endorphins are our body's natural anti depressants with no harmful side effects...so how can we boost them to work for us? Found this article... Hum...but I already do most all of these...cocoa in my coffee every morning and the occasional skinny Mocha twice a week...dark chocolate with dessert couple silver bells every night check. Who does not enjoy their favorite foods most of the time? check. Run and exercise every day...check Suppose I could try to laugh more...sex? Hum...Kinda stuck on that one. Music...it is good to switch over to smooth Jazz or other music when the TV and the News are...well I am doing that more...OK...so can work on that one too. Lavender...a glass of wine...just one or two but not more than that or it subtracts negating the benefit...and it has calories! Hot foods...ok hot salsa is only 20 calories...Exercise with who!? I don't have anyone to do that with, and sticking myself with a pin to cause pain would be like injecting bacteria into my skin!? nix on that one.
Maybe I have not gone off the deep end because I am already doing a lot of this well now that I know I can make more of a concerted effort...music...working in the yard as the evenings will now be lighter and the weather bright and sunny and warmer it does lift my spirits in the spring. And an occasional glass of wine or beer but not more than one every few days while knocking off the calories for something else...ok. And try to find things that are funny or being silly and laughing at myself...I have pictured commercials with slight changes that would make them quite funny and that makes me laugh there are numerous ways to find humor.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/health-fitn ... ndorphins/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Go with the flow